The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Clutch and flywheel problem!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YungTlon

5+ Year Contributor
Mar 6, 2018
Pueblo, Colorado
hi I’ve put a act 2600 in my car and have had nothing but problems!
I’ve always had disengagement issues I ended up shimming the pivot ball with two washers, ran for a day and I knoticed it would grind going into reverse and would try and die when rolling it backwards in neutral ,I have the rod under the dash adjusted, the clutch disengaged okay for a day then went to all hell! But last night the pedal started getting stuck to the floor almost like the tob was binding on the end of the input shaft because it was too far of a throw? Tell me what you think I’m seriously lost here
Act 2600 6 puck sprung
Act streetlite flywheel (stepped at .612)
New fork
New pivot ball
New master
New slave
Rebuilt pedal assembly
Running act TOB
Can anyone please help been having this disengagement problem forever it grabs right off the floor but I’m afraid to add another shim because I don’t want to overthrow the tob !!!

Attachments

• 0D7157B0-A66A-4119-8A02-BFAF95275875.png
    0D7157B0-A66A-4119-8A02-BFAF95275875.png
    505.8 KB · Views: 52
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back