The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Closed loop idle..need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

well. I just went out, adjusted 0/50hz until airflowperrev was ~.28 then moved to deadtimes. Changing deadtimes did nothing for my combinedFT. Not to mention the combinedFT in closed loop is something like -27%. Open loop, combinedFT is 5.1% and this seems to perpetuate no matter what. I have a feeling, like you said, this is an o2 related problem. I have attached photos of the o2 locations.

Attachments

• image0 (4).jpeg
    image0 (4).jpeg
    945.5 KB · Views: 23
  • image1 (3).jpeg
    image1 (3).jpeg
    757.4 KB · Views: 24
Car has to be up to temp. You can try resetting the fuel trims. It's under ECU on the top menu

The rear is your WB. Check resistance across the two black wires of the O2 sensor. IIRC it should be 5-10 ohms. Luckily new 02 sensors are cheap

Looked over your log again. You're simulating O2 signal using your WB. See if the O2 signal starts moving when you turn that off. Go to NBO2 and turn that function off.

I also noticed in your DA table that you have OpenLoopThresholds set to tune cruise. This just means you have the parameters set so it stays in CL longer. It's used to gather more data so you can tune the cruise area. You can revert back to stock settings by clicking the left/right arrow on top. This is covered in one of ecmlink demo video.

Here's a good video as well
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Well I finally got to making those changes. Moved my mafcomp sliders and you can see the tail end of this idle log, combinedFT is hovering right around 0!

Attachments

• log.2021.02.19-01.elg
    104.7 KB · Views: 18
Well I finally got to making those changes. Moved my mafcomp sliders and you can see the tail end of this idle log, combinedFT is hovering right around 0!

That’s good! Don’t have my computer so can’t see the log now. Did you tune cruise yet? How is it running?

I just went out for a cruise. It need a little fine tuning. I think I still have my deadtimes above 0 so i'll reset those and then check my mafcomp again. It goes a little lean on throttle tip in so may have to adjust tip in or bump my fuel sliders a touch but overall it's running great. Thanks so much for your help.

Good to see the front O2 is cycling now that you turned off narrowband simulation. Could have been how the narrowband sim was set up. Idle is a bit high so that's something to look into. You're headed in the right direction. Keep at it :thumb:

So now that we have the idle business worked out, another minor issue has crept in. It's snowing and terrible right now so I don't have a long and I'm not going to do one now but when this clears up I can. Anyway, under very light throttle and between 2k-3k rpm, the afr jumps to 16-17 very quickly then back to stoich. Off the top of your head, any reason this is happening? Aside from the car thinking the throttle is at 0?

So now that we have the idle business worked out, another minor issue has crept in. It's snowing and terrible right now so I don't have a long and I'm not going to do one now but when this clears up I can. Anyway, under very light throttle and between 2k-3k rpm, the afr jumps to 16-17 very quickly then back to stoich. Off the top of your head, any reason this is happening? Aside from the car thinking the throttle is at 0?

Post a log of what’s happening.
Did you make any adjustments to the MAF slider after 50hz?
Try a tps adjust. Start a log and floor the throttle and release. Doesn’t matter of engine is on or off. Then right click on the log and you’ll see tps adjust. Not sure if that’ll fix it but give that a try.

Moved to almost completely SD. Running with no IAT at the moment because I don't yet have a bung on the throttle body. Anyway, having another problem at the moment where the car goes very lean on light throttle after gear change and after coast at low rpm. Log of very easy cruise is attached.

Attachments

• log.2021.05.07-04.elg
    83.8 KB · Views: 14
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back