The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Clearish White Smoke from exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How quickly is this smoke dissipating? Almost makes me think you may have an issue around the TB or intake manifold area, rapid pressure change to vacuum pulling coolant from somewhere. Pressure test the coolant system and report back.

Been reading a lot of threads that were not followed up after the OP fixed the issue. I was getting annoyed and figure I should follow up my own threads for future people.

Turns out to be turbo seals. Apparently pushing 15lbs on the stock T25 for god knows how many km, made the turbo real sad. Car did come pushing 15lbs, and I didn't know at the time that the T25 couldn't handle it. Regardless, I swapped in an evo3 16g and all my problems were solved. NOT A HEADGASKET. Got tons of people telling me that it was my headgasket at car shows, meets, or even on the side of the road (my favorite place to chill out with my DSM). Saved a lot of time, work, and money by ruling out the turbo option first.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back