The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

CI Turbo Kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travisr138

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 21, 2004
Conowingo, Maryland
Has anyone here bought and installed a turbo kit from Concept Illusions on their 420a? The kits are cheaper then both Hahn's and star and supposively give you the same power and reliability. I was wondering if anyone has one installed to see how the quality and performance was.

Attachments

• Citurbokit.jpg
    Citurbokit.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 857
  • citurbokit2.jpg
    citurbokit2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 863
  • citurbokit3.jpg
    citurbokit3.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 853
Last I saw, the jury was still out on CI parts. I know on 2GNT a lot of people have been buying parts from them, but not all of them were satisfied with the stuff they were getting. I haven't been on 2GNT for a while, so I don't know what thay are saying about CI lately, but so far all I've heard is some mixed results.

Also, that pic you posted *supposedly* isn't the actual CI kit. See how it has pressbent IC pipes? Cheesy. The guy at CI (shawn i think is his name, could be wrong) said that was a customer car and he the customer made those IC pipes himself- whether that is true or not remains to be seen. Whatever the case, it's good to see another competitor in the 2GNT turbo kit business.

pr0 said:
What turbo is that? It looks rather tiny...
43 a/r garret t3... I did order the concept kit and it should be arriving on monday or tuesday. The kits were actually pulled from the site for about a month now. Sean right now is remaking all of the kits turns out that the turbo manifold that they had casted put the down pipe too close to the upper rad hose and they were starting to get a bit melted. So he had to remake about 20 manifolds and dp conectors. As far as the kits go only 16 have been sold so far and the only complaint was the dp getting too close to the upper rad hose. So now thats all out of the way the kit is ready to rock and roll and should be re-relased some time next week depending on how many he has left from all of his pending orders. Rember kiddys the kit is not a true bolt on it comes with no fcd or missing link, bov, fuel pressure gauge, boost gauge, and may other things that I have purchased to help support this kit. Fpr, colder pulgs, injectors, wideband kit, egt gauge and a bunch of other odds and ends. On customer service and product quailty I'd much rather give them $1700 than howell. They are very busy and sometimes are hard to reach but they always back their products and can be conacted sometimes up to 12am via aim. Once the kit arrives i'll post an install pic.

Edit: When I say they are had to reach sometimes I mean Sean b/c he is one out of four guys working there and he is currently spearheadding the 420a business all by his lonsome. So sometimes when you call Sean is either out testing a product, working on a product, or busy with a customer. But most of the time he can be reached by aim ( conceptillusions ) or by phone after 2.

selmerguy said:
the guys at ci rock. i have no doubt anything they make is good stuff. what comes with the "kit"

Manifold ,Sean said that the guy he was getting them from said that they were stainless steel but he said that they didnt look it... said, incase I didnt type that word enough.

T3 turbo internaly gated

downpipe conector which hooks up with the stock downpipe, unlike the hahn kit which has some ghetto leaky rig for the downpipe. For the Hahn kit you have to cut the flange off your down pipe and clamp a pipe inside of it.

Fmu, just an obx one nothing fancy but does work ask gsgoingfast.

Fuel pump, walbro 225lph

Air filter, who caires what kind it is I have a k&n at home

charce pipe, bov flange of your choice.

2 silicone connectors

oil line kit, to and from

And lastly all of the bandclamps and gaskets needed.

The kit seems intresting and I would definetly like to find out a price for stage I

I checked the website and they only have a link for stage II which is $2799.99 I beleive.

selmerguy said:
sounds like a good kit. stage one for 1700? is that right?

If you think the price is high, its b/c I ordered a custom down pipe, and fpr. If you think the Price is low its b/c it dosent come with a voltage clamp or missing link, instructions, bov, and boost gauge. To be honest so far with what I got from CI and all of the crap that I got from other places to make the kit work I have spent somewhere around 2200.

Im actually Shawn's rl friend and i help him out sometimes up at the shop, the CI turbo kits are definitley worth the money for what you get out of it. And btw, he is basically the ONLY one that awnsers phones around there and to catch him when he's not busy is probably a miracle

94Jettameowpsst said:
Im actually Shawn's rl friend and i help him out sometimes up at the shop, the CI turbo kits are definitley worth the money for what you get out of it. And btw, he is basically the ONLY one that awnsers phones around there and to catch him when he's not busy is probably a miracle

If your his friend tell him to hurry the hell up with pete's kit, this wait is killing me.

siueclipse said:
You get what you pay for.

Keep with known vendors for large purchases, you'll be glad you did. I've seen nothing good from Concept Illusions.

yeah stick with howell so your stuff can get to your house a year later. I have bought from ci and i know plenty of people that have as well and the stuff they sell is quality stuff. weather it's powder coating, tb porting, rebuild kits, or turbo kits. the bottom line is they can get you your stuff and it works. i made my own turbo kit with no real knowledge about car's and turbo stuff. and if i can do it i'm sure CI can do it better. shawn helped me when ever i had a problem with my engine rebuild too. i say they are the "known vendor"

Who said anything about Howell Automotive?

CI kits look cheap and Ive seen many posts on 2gnt.com about people having massive problems with either products or service from Concept Illusions.

Shawn at CI is more than busy, im pretty sure he sent it out already....whats your name ill check tomorrow? But yea, between paintin a hummer to makin like 100 boost controllers a day, i think, since him, my buddy Jude, and I (soemtimes) are the only ones that work there, he deserves credit for what he does....and being late usually isnt one of em :) :thumb:

i just used howell as an example of the tried and true. you think the ci kit looks cheap? what looks cheap about it? looks clean to me.

btw i love your car suieclipse i hope mine can look that good under the hood someday.

siueclipse said:
You get what you pay for.

Keep with known vendors for large purchases, you'll be glad you did. I've seen nothing good from Concept Illusions.

Ya i remember you.. you flipped out because i couldnt have you a set of pistons in a week.. then you went to sbr and got screwed over worse didnt you.. we sell the same products every other company out there sells... so how is it my products are of bad quality

your stuff sucks to siueclipse because you don't have Hahn Stage 10 putting 400 to the wheels :cool:

I still stick with my opinion...shawn rules! :thumb:

conceptillusion said:
Ya i remember you.. you flipped out because i couldnt have you a set of pistons in a week.. then you went to sbr and got screwed over worse didnt you.. we sell the same products every other company out there sells... so how is it my products are of bad quality

You obivously don't know me because I have never attempted by buy pistons from you. I had a built motor before you were even in this community.

The only thing I bought from you was EGR blockoff plate which took over a month to get.

siueclipse said:
Who said anything about Howell Automotive?

CI kits look cheap and Ive seen many posts on 2gnt.com about people having massive problems with either products or service from Concept Illusions.

Like that "single" thread from that one guy having a problem with his throttle body? Yea, that's "many posts".

CI actually gave that guy special treatment despite the long wait and got the throttle body near free.

I've heard a lot of good things about Concept Illusions, however that's everything aside from the turbo kits they produce.

As for the poster, there really haven't been enough of these installed to get feedback on how it performs, so I'd wait it out a little more.

94Jettameowpsst said:
Shawn at CI is more than busy, im pretty sure he sent it out already....whats your name ill check tomorrow? But yea, between paintin a hummer to makin like 100 boost controllers a day, i think, since him, my buddy Jude, and I (soemtimes) are the only ones that work there, he deserves credit for what he does....and being late usually isnt one of em :) :thumb:

My last name is Gallagher, I tryed to talk to him on Monday but he was busy (with the hummer I guess), and someone told me to write an e-mail if I had a problem with shipping, so I did. Tuesday came around and still no reply I went to work and came home at 10:30, I jumped onto my comp and I still had no reply. I saw someone on the company s/n and I shot him a hello (Sean was the guy) really cool dude very helpfull. He said that Shawn was still with the hummer, and that he had been really busy. So I figured that I would tell him my problem. "Last Monday I was told that some kits went out and I should receive mine by Thursday(I like in south NJ) Friday came around and no kit so I called and I got a receipt# for the shipment (0305-1720-0001-6089-6631). I was told(not by Shawn) that It wouldn't work till sat night. Monday came around(this Monday) and it still didn't work, thats when I tryed to call and was told to write an e-mail if I had a problem with shipping. When I talked to Sean over the net he said that he did remember sending my kit out and that It should be here before the end of the week. He also said that Shawn has been very busy trying to get things done and that USPS has been dicking them over, charging them 2-3 times for the same package, losing tracking numbers, and such nothing to major though. He said that he would try to help me out and see what he could dig up and let me know if he found anything. Hopefully It will show up either tomorrow or Friday b/c I leave for a one week business trip on sat and my hands will be tied with this situation until I get back. I really would rather get the kit rather then my money back but If I get back and its still not here I really don't have any other choices. So far besids the long wait(ordered the kit 5/28) they have been great, prices, shipping cost, product selection, and every time I get a chance to talk to them they are very helpfull. BTW I went out and got a new digital camera today so once the kit comes here I will do a post on the kit, install difficulties, quality of product, pics of before/after install, + a track before and after.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back