The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420A CI MotorSports Low compression short block

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duzzell115

Probationary Member
Jun 17, 2018
Portsmouth, Virginia
The only other place i can think of right now is howell automotive.
If you order from CI, go with manley rods and JE 8.8 pistons

The only other place i can think of right now is howell automotive.
If you order from CI, go with manley rods and JE 8.8 pistons
That’s the plan. Have you or anyone you know ordered any engine/block from either place?

nope. All the reviews ive seen for CI from the last 3 or 4 years have been good.
Just about every review older than that are bad ones.

howell was good back in the day. i have no idea if they still are.

I used manely no preference got a good deal on some, pick one and you should be ok for your goals on that engine.

Just trying to see if anyone or anyone someone knows has ordering from Ci Motorsports and their experience before blowing 2k on a block. So any reviews on that would be extremely helpful.

planning to go boost soon after dropping it in and wanna know for sure ain being ripped off.

Just trying to see if anyone or anyone someone knows has ordering from Ci Motorsports and their experience before blowing 2k on a block. So any reviews on that would be extremely helpful.

planning to go boost soon after dropping it in and wanna know for sure ain being ripped off.
i just thought of another place that would probably be better for you.
its called Forward Motion
they are located in Wilmington, Delaware
here is the phone number (302)658-2829

Any reason why you favor Manley over Eagle? Honestly, they're probably the same. But would be interested in knowing why you have that preference.
i always hear that eagle over rates their rods and manley under rates theirs. not that there is anything wrong with eagle rods. i have a 420a with eagle rods.
Darrell cox rods (that sounds dirty) are modified eagle h beams and they are DCR proven for 800hp.
Here is something you might like:
DCR LSD

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back