The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Chrysler 2.4 Valve Springs For Use In 420a?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLACK'98DSM

5+ Year Contributor
Feb 9, 2019
Alabama
I'm wondering what the stiffness difference is between the 2.4 valve springs and 420a valve springs, and also if they're similar in diameter & height? I know the best way to figure this out is to remove both and do a comparison, which I'm willing to do. Just thought that possibly someone has already looked into to this and can save me a little time or money. Here's some pictures of a 1996 Stratus 2.4 that I was pulling from at the yard today. To me, the cylinder head looks almost identical to the 420a ("reverse flow" of course). If this is a bust I'll just buy the BC springs I was planning for anyway.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I believe they're the same part for both the 420A DSM and 2.4L PT Cruiser: 04777555AB.
2x on this. But its not a 100% total bust. If you're ever needing to grab a few stock replacements from the junkyard it's way easier to find PT's and the cams are a lower lift so less wear than a 2.0. And they are newer to boot.

But with Crower springs selling for 75 bucks a set I'd probably just go with those. Lol

2x on this. But its not a 100% total bust. If you're ever needing to grab a few stock replacements from the junkyard it's way easier to find PT's and the cams are a lower lift so less wear than a 2.0. And they are newer to boot.

But with Crower springs selling for 75 bucks a set I'd probably just go with those. Lol
Those are great points.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back