The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Choose $3000 In Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In no particular order -

FMIC - 400$ Punishment, VSRF
Exhaust - 500$ Something cheap and large
Injectors - 650cc 250$ Good for your budget
2G manifold good for now its a decent piece at this stage
Walbro 190 - 60$ keep the stocker FPR
Evo 3 16G rebuilt - 500$ Justin although he might differ on the price a little
Install kit - piece it together for 100$, the prepacked kits cost way too much and aren't necessary in the least
o2 elbow - 50$
Intake, filter - 100$ Don't pay absurd money for some dejon powderflute and Greddy filter or whatever they have these days
1G bov - Peanuts
ECUflash with SD (Tactrix Cable, Ceddymods, OMNI 4 Bar MAP, GM IAC) - 350$
Boost gauge - 50$
Wideband - 150$ Innovate
Shifter bushings - 25$
Clutch - 500$ get all the replacement crap as well, stocker flywheel is just fine for now with your budget

Probably forgot one or two things, but these are the big'uns. Or you could easily blow a shitload of money on 4 of these items, your choice. If you haven't done the basic maintenance this list is nothing like it should be, so consider that. :thumb:

EDIT: Bahaha you are in europe, subtract 500$ worth of upgrades for shipping. Looks like you aren't getting that upgraded clutch after all.

Are you asking for advise or just what we would do with the money?

In your case first figure out your goals then start here...
1)Maintenance
2)Boost gauge
3)Wideband
4)Tuning software

-Full mantenance
-all repairs
-K&N Filter
-Boost guage/mbc
-Better brakes
-better shocks/springs

IF there was $$$ left: bigger turbo/injectors/fuel pump & rewire/FMIC/DSMlink/Wideband/exhaust/upgraded intake pipe

I would drop the 3000 on Ohlins coil overs, but thats because everything else has been down to the DSM.

Maintenance first, then I would get ECMlink and a wideband, (an accurate)oil pressure gauge, and start datalogging. I know 99 dsms have more options as far as tuning software, if you have a flashable ecu I would look into other methods beside ECMlink.

I have been ignoring this thread for days now.

But i thought about it.And heres my list if i could start over.

Intake,exhaust,14b,tuning software,boost gauge,wideband, fuel pump rewire,fmic,1g bov. On top of maintenence of course.This is for the op not just me.LOL

maintenance like fluids, belts, timing belt and tensioner then fmic, walbro 255 with re wire, afpr, boost controller, boost gauge, wideband kit, full 3 inch exhaust, aftermarket air filter, and upgraded clutch.

Ya I bought my gsx for $4000 and wish I had looked around a bit more. Take your time and try to find one thats worth every penny.

1. Put Eclipse on craigslist

2. Sell Eclipse for maybe 3 grand

3. Use 3 grand saved, and 3 grand earned from sale of car to buy a Fox body coupe

:D

In no particular order -

FMIC - 400$ Punishment, VSRF
Exhaust - 500$ Something cheap and large
Injectors - 650cc 250$ Good for your budget
2G manifold good for now its a decent piece at this stage
Walbro 190 - 60$ keep the stocker FPR
Evo 3 16G rebuilt - 500$ Justin although he might differ on the price a little
Install kit - piece it together for 100$, the prepacked kits cost way too much and aren't necessary in the least
o2 elbow - 50$
Intake, filter - 100$ Don't pay absurd money for some dejon powderflute and Greddy filter or whatever they have these days
1G bov - Peanuts
ECUflash with SD (Tactrix Cable, Ceddymods, OMNI 4 Bar MAP, GM IAC) - 350$
Boost gauge - 50$
Wideband - 150$ Innovate
Shifter bushings - 25$
Clutch - 500$ get all the replacement crap as well, stocker flywheel is just fine for now with your budget

Probably forgot one or two things, but these are the big'uns. Or you could easily blow a shitload of money on 4 of these items, your choice. If you haven't done the basic maintenance this list is nothing like it should be, so consider that. :thumb:

EDIT: Bahaha you are in europe, subtract 500$ worth of upgrades for shipping. Looks like you aren't getting that upgraded clutch after all.
^ that's a fail list.

First and foremost the owner of said twenty year old car should address maintenance items such as t-belt, tensioners, water pump, thermostat, any and all rubber hoses that have never been replaced. At this point in time the twenty year old rack and pinion and suspension bushings should probably be replaced too. Same with motor mounts.

After that is done the first few items I would do is intake, exhaust/dp, boost, oil pressure, and wideband gauges followed by ecmtuning/dsmlink. Then I would get a bigger fmic and bigger injectors.

Thats a recipe for a nice reliable fun car that has some added pep to it.

^ that's a fail list.

First and foremost the owner of said twenty year old car should address maintenance items such as t-belt, tensioners, water pump, thermostat, any and all rubber hoses that have never been replaced. At this point in time the twenty year old rack and pinion and suspension bushings should probably be replaced too. Same with motor mounts.

After that is done the first few items I would do is intake, exhaust/dp, boost, oil pressure, and wideband gauges followed by ecmtuning/dsmlink. Then I would get a bigger fmic and bigger injectors.

Thats a recipe for a nice reliable fun car that has some added pep to it.

+1 maintenance, guages listed, full down pipe back exhaust, and dsmlink

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back