The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Chirp When Press Clutch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pecka

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 20, 2004
Valley City, North_Dakota
Ok I recently took my car to the track, and after I was done on the way home I noticed a chirp had developed when I press and release the clutch quick, it doesent do it all the time though. The car also shakes a little when I dont rev it too high when I take off. I know I need a new clutch because mine has burned a few times and I just want to make sure the chirp and shake are from that. Thanks

ok thats what I was leaning too, is a act 2100 a good choice for a mostly stock 2g awd? i dont plan on going too big with it. If I go with a 2600 will that increase the chances of crankwalk?

In a word, yes.

Edit--the 2100 would be fine for a lightly modified car, although you'll have to read some more to get peoples' opinions on ACT as of late.

ACT still makes good clutches IF installed properly. Make sure you use a mitsubishi throwout bearing NOT the ACT one that comes with the kit. If you are doing it yourself make sure the flywheel has a proper step as well. If you take it to a shop make sure its a DSM shop and/or the mechanic really knows his stuff. :talon:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back