The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Chinese intake manifold review?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/70mm-Racing...Evo-1-3-Eclipse-2-0L-Small-Port-/400796327519

im interested to you think it would work for 800+hp whats the difference any way

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Mitsubi...ld-80mm-throttle-body-Fuel-Rail-/322070741597

Title

Intake Manifold + 80mm VQ35TPS Universal Throttle body + Fuel rail for Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4G63 EVO 4-9

Application

Mitsubishi 4G63 EVO 4 - 9

Specifics

-25% more flow compare to stock

-50% lighter stock cast intake manifold
-high rpm rev
-faster throttle response
-15% and up hp gain (will gain more if more mods are done to the motor
Include
1Pcs Intake + 1Pcs Fuel Rail + 1pcs Universal 80mm Throttle Body

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I personally wouldn't but it, I'd just port the factory Intake, if you have a 2G, go to the junk yard, and get a 1G intake manifold and port that one. It'll probably be cheaper too.

Um, 1g intake on a 2g head = horrible idea. And please, don't port a 2g out to fit a 1g intake.

Since it looks like a 2g manifold you could look for an evo3 manifold, or just keep the stock 2g. What makes you want to go to a SMIM?

You've asked alot of questions about supporting 800hp... why not go with proven manifolds instead of trying to cheap out? In the long run it would be the same or cheaper to get a good manifold, plus you'd get more support for the product from the mfr.

Jmf, map, magnus etc...go with one of those. Cast magnus would be my recommendation if u HAVE to have one.

Last edited:
What is your power goal? I run an evo 3 manifold on a 2G head, it is a great setup. Unless you are going for really high numbers(600+), I would just stick to an oem style. I picked up my evo 3 with coil pack/bracket for $170 shipped.

Concerns with that ebay: How good of a flange is it? Will it warp? If you can cover the welds that is a positive. Do the runners have velocity stacks? Has it even been tested for flow or just thrown together by a make shift company to get some sucker to buy it? To be honest, I would just stick with a something that has been proven to prevent having to buy twice. Search the classifieds, there are deals in there that will make you regret buying this ebay manifold.

Our 1g or 2g intakes are really very well suited for our motors unless as stated above your trying to make a massive amount of power .... no need to spend money on the intake. You can spend that money on a something that really does make you power .... Internals, turbo, Tuning,

If your set on having a SMIM for looks, then look around for a used on here or other sites , Ebay , GVR4, EvolutionM, other then that its your car and money if you want a E-bay intake, as most post already state people here are not big fans and dont use them but go ahead ....look at welds , intake flange, velocity stacks , thickness of material stuff like.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back