The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Check these blown pics out

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biglady112

15+ Year Contributor
May 20, 2004
Commerce City, Colorado
I think this is performance related. This was caused by bad machine work and too much nitrous. All four pistons seized. It was a saturn. Guy was running against a C5 vette. Was winning I guess. 75shot in this pass.

I got this off of turbosaturns.net. I am a member there. Some pretty crazy cars they have going over there. I was going to turbo my girlfriends 99 sohc, but it started to burn oil. It has to last through one more year of college though.

http://webpages.charter.net/trotter/Seth/

Steve

look a the block in the first pic, looks like it was made from copressed iron pellets, looks like styrofoam weird

Lots of blocks look like that. It's because the casting mold is made out of styrafoam. When they pour the molten metal in the mold the styrafoam flash burns and completely disappears. I forget what the technical term for that process is, total loss casting or something. It's been a while since I took that class.

Saturn they are plastic cars made from a side divison of lego's

On a differant note. I bet he filled the crank case up with gas or nos. This happens when the oil pan gets filled with gas or NOS. You get blow by in the rings and it will ignite the gas in the oil and Booom You blow the oil pan off. You the block out....

Moved to hangout since it's not a dsm.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back