The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Check Engine Light!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zerocygnal

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 1, 2002
Springfield, Ohio
This Talon ran like a top yesterday. This morning I go out starts great, back up head out to the driveway and suddenly the check engine light comes on. As soon as I hit the gas the engine bogged and the check engine light flashed, when I let go of the throttle the engine idled normally. parked the car, looked under the hood, everything looks and sounds normal. Killed the engine looked again. Went to start it again and got nothing. The clock on my stereo dimmed then went out when I turned the key.

Is this the normal scenario for a dead battery? Or a dead altenator??

Or something else I haven't thought of?

P.S. Not once did an indicator light come on about the altenator. Not sure if Talons even have that light.

Thanks in advance,
Zero

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back