The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Check engine light problems. HELP!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KCz Eclipse

10+ Year Contributor
May 1, 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
I have had a 1991 eclipse gsx for about a month now. We bought it not running, but got it running good since then. However, after driving it almost any length of time, the check engine light comes on after turning it off then trying to restart it. For example, i drive it 15 minutes, go home and part it. After being parked only a few minutes, we try to turn it back on, and the check engine light is on:confused:. Not only is the light on, the car idles rough, but cant idle 5 seconds before dying. It feels like it is running on 2 valves. Not sure what it could be, but it is very annoying. If anyone has any tips, it would be great.

Last edited:
Have you pulled any codes up? That would be the first place to start. It could be lot of things. From a sensor to ECU (ECM) problems. Feel to PM me. Good Luck!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back