The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Cheapest Option for Front ABS Sensors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cjgrig01

Probationary Member
Aug 2, 2021
New Albany, Indiana
My ABS sensors were toast so I went to look for them and noticed most place want 200 bucks for them. Does anyone here have any ideas for sourcing some cheap sensors? Much appreciated.

Are you sure that the sensors are bad or could it be frayed wires, cruddy tone rings, or misalignment between the sensor tips and tone rings? We're not talking very sophisticated technology so perhaps yours can still be salvaged.

Are you sure that the sensors are bad or could it be frayed wires, cruddy tone rings, or misalignment between the sensor tips and tone rings? We're not talking very sophisticated technology so perhaps yours can still be salvaged.
Uh... yea I kind of just drilled them out as they were seized as hell in there. I was thinking to myself "well abs sensors are always getting seized and most every abs sensor is between 20 to 50 bucks." so I went sicko mode on them and they are now bits of copper and plastic dust essentially. I guess if I learned anything its to research how much they cost before you go breaking shit.

Unless the car or the sensor is fairly new, they all seize. It will never just come out on a 30 year old car.
I actually was able to find both for 270 total for OEM sensors. More than I want to spend but far better than the $500 that most places want.

Unless the car or the sensor is fairly new, they all seize. It will never just come out on a 30 year old car.
On my 29 year old car they came out fine on the front but were seized in the rear. And on the front I mean I was able to take the whole assembly out, sensor in bracket. I didn't try to remove the sensor from the bracket because there was no need. But on the rears they just wouldn't come out. But that was before I realized that the trick is to apply lots of penetrating oil and rotate them while still in the bore and pull in them little by little. Not much help for the OP though.

Quick question on looking for these too... are the sensors the same between the years ie 95-99 and also fwd vs awd? I am also needing a set too and starting to look myself. Rock Auto does have some but would like to confirm fitment if possible BEFORE I order them LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back