The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Cheapest bolt on downpipe that will bolt on to stock cat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gfun

Supporting VIP
Dec 10, 2007
Ask Me, Virginia
As the title says, I am looking for the cheapest Bolt on downpipe possible that will bolt on to the stock cat.

The flange is damaged on the stock downpipe where it meets the cat, so I'd rather just deal with it by replacing the downpipe with an aftermarket one.

Anything will be an improvement, since the car is stock and will remain stock if I can handle it.

Not trying to be a dick but why do you want it bolt onto the stock cat? Do you need it because your downpipe is junk? This will gain you no gain at all bolted to the stock restrictive cat. Your exhaust is only as freeflowing as your most restrictive part. If you dont need it now then just wait to get a highflow/test pipe so it will fit everything without worrying about it.

Not trying to be a dick but why do you want it bolt onto the stock cat? Do you need it because your downpipe is junk? This will gain you no gain at all bolted to the stock restrictive cat. Your exhaust is only as freeflowing as your most restrictive part. If you dont need it now then just wait to get a highflow/test pipe so it will fit everything without worrying about it.

Yes, stock downpipe is effectively junk. I know that this won't gain me anything. It will cost me as much in welding to get my stocker fixed as it would to buy me an aftermarket one. I know, everyone on earth cites cheap welding prices but I have never had such luck in any of my interactions. I can pretty much guarantee that around here they will want $80 bucks to fix my downpipe. I plan on learning to weld myself, but until then I am kind of stuck. This is just my DD. I really don't care too much about performance parts unless it just comes down to a part coming up for the same price and hassle as it would be for me to get a cheap performance part instead.

Yes, stock downpipe is effectively junk. I know that this won't gain me anything. It will cost me as much in welding to get my stocker fixed as it would to buy me an aftermarket one. I know, everyone on earth cites cheap welding prices but I have never had such luck in any of my interactions. I can pretty much guarantee that around here they will want $80 bucks to fix my downpipe. I plan on learning to weld myself, but until then I am kind of stuck. This is just my DD. I really don't care too much about performance parts unless it just comes down to a part coming up for the same price and hassle as it would be for me to get a cheap performance part instead.

I strongly recommend learning how to weld. Im a welder and I can't tell how many times it has come in handy outside if getting a paycheck.

If I were you I'd post an add for a stock down pipe in the classifieds. I'm sure you could get one for a great price that's still in good shape. That way you don't have to worry about it not bolting up to your cat. To be honest I don't think there is an aftermarket downpipe to fix the stock cat. I could be wrong but most cat backs come with a reducer so your able to bolt it to your stock cat (because they are bigger like a bigger Downpipe) so you'd have to run a reducer from the Downpipe to the cat and then another for your bigger cat-back.

I strongly recommend learning how to weld. Im a welder and I can't tell how many times it has come in handy outside if getting a paycheck.

If I were you I'd post an add for a stock down pipe in the classifieds. I'm sure you could get one for a great price that's still in good shape. That way you don't have to worry about it not bolting up to your cat. To be honest I don't think there is an aftermarket downpipe to fix the stock cat. I could be wrong but most cat backs come with a reducer so your able to bolt it to your stock cat (because they are bigger like a bigger Downpipe) so you'd have to run a reducer from the Downpipe to the cat and then another for your bigger cat-back.

Thanks for all of this information. It seems that I need to learn how to weld and/or look for a stock downpipe.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back