The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

cheap lowering solution

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan2987

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 20, 2002
Williamsport_PA
I need to lower my car very bad, i just can stand the wheel gap. I was looking at billdo 83's car and i like its stance. Where can i find some cheap springs to lower my car about 1.5". When i start saving up more money ill upgrade to AGX shocks and maybe better springs. What can i find for very cheap?

Just cut a coil or two off the springs you have now. Voila no more awful wheelgap.

of course this will do all kind of bad stuff to your suspension, but so will just getting springs so why not?

But dude, he's gotta make his car look "MaD TyT3" for da Ladies!

hell yeah, i just need something as a temp that will last till summer. i just might have to cut the springs if i cant find one to lower it about 1.5

Originally posted by RaysTsi
Just cut a coil or two off the springs you have now. Voila no more awful wheelgap.

of course this will do all kind of bad stuff to your suspension, but so will just getting springs so why not?

cutting springs and aftermarket springs even on stock shocks is going to be allot of difference between eachother..

dont cut your springs, thats Fin ghetto...just save up for springs

what springs can i get cheap that would lower it about 1.5". I saw billdo 83 has APC springs. where can i find something like that. maybe ill just get eibach sportlines now and just let my shocks blow out and drive around like that

i think goldline makes cheap springs. or maybe some cheap coilovers from ebay for $100. but why go cheap on suspension?

im going cheap just as a temp. The good suspension is going on this summer. I want to get some 97+ GSX wheels too because the wheels on my car are beat and all the tire are bald

Sorry guys I was feeling like a smart@ss.
Dont get cheap springs, get good ones you'll like and keep.

Some good advice Ive gotten is "Mod cheap,MOD twice"

Alright then, what are some good springs that will lower it about 1.5. Im thinking about buying a set of Sportlines. Then buy summer ill get a set of AGXs

get the tanabe springs from road race, they lower about how much you want and wont ride like ass. going cheap on your suspension will be noticable though...if you dont get a good spring/shock combo it will ride horrible...if this doesnt phase you you'll learn the hard way like me. you need springs shocks and camber kits to do it right. no camber correction and you got yourself some bald tires mighty fast...goes from cheap lowering job to expensive really quickly. i have a set of sportlines i bought not to long ago i dont want and if your still down with the drop PM me and im sure i can help you out.

IMO i would go with the ground control coil overs and buy some Koni AGX shocks. Then set the tires at a -2 camber. You wanna talk about something that will handle oh and drop it 3 inches. It costed me 700 dollars if you could get that much saved. If not pull your springs and put them in a vice and HEAT and COMPRESS them then cool them off measure them to spec with the others. Ive seen it done before on a friends Civic... ya ya ya a honda...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back