The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Cheap EBAY Turbo Timer

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm on a roll with these small time brands, no name, ebay products. Why do I do it? Well the items I have been purchasing and reviewing have been low-risk items. Nothing that can result in catastrophic events if they fail because the item is easy to clone and pretty much easy to engineer/build in the first place.

Which brings us to this turbo timer. This turbo timer can be had on EBAY for less than $40 shipped to your door. Oil and water cooled turbos don't really need to be turbo timed, but if you are eventually going to upgrade to just an oil cooled turbo OR you just want to be cool to say you have a turbo timer on your stock t25, this is a cheap alternative for you.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The pictures above show the packaging the item came in and the size of the turbo timer unit in comparison to a penny. Pictured is what you get. There are NO instructions, and no harness to bare wire attachment which seems should be obvious if you see the end of the connector harness on the turbo timer.

This maybe a problem to beginners and n00bs. And those factors alone will have them shy away from this item and immediately probably give it negative reviews. But you been around these kind of devices for a while, you know they are not worth $100+ brand new. And installation is pretty universal.

As I mentioned there are no instructions. I installed it right on the first try on my 2g without instructions. The wires are obvious. On the turbo timer these are the wires and what you should tap them to:

Black = Ground
Red = Constant 12volt
Yellow = IGN1
Blue = IGN2
Brown = E-Brake

You are done. That IS the correct way to install it, not only this turbo timer probably most if not all turbo timers. Some will say to install the blue to ACC, that is INCORRECT. you do it this way and your radio will stay on while timing down, not to mention if your fans are on cooling down your motor, if you hook it up to ACC instead of IGN2 the fans will shut off while the motor is still running.

This turbo timer reassembles the brand name "Pivot Super Baby Turbo Timer" For those who still are new to this and worried about installation, here is the manual:

http://pivotjp.com/download/img/pdf-e/SBT-e.pdf

It is near identical to the ebay no name, minus the full auto sensing control thing.

So how is it? It does what it should do. Theres no fancy music that plays when it turns off or turns off. There is an audible beep as it counts down every second. It's simple design, not ugly, not flash. You can adjust it up to 9min50sec I believe. PRobably 10min, I didn't even bother looking. E-brake function works. No problem whatsoever. The chinese have been copying more advanced electronics for years, I knew this would work with no problem. I even took pictures of the inside for those wondering how it looks inside:

Unless your buying a used popular JDM brand turbo timer for $50 or cheaper, you can get this brand new for less than $40 shipped.

For the record, I also hooked this up with an aftermarket alarm, and I CAN arm the alarm while its timing down, and when the count down is finished and car turns off, the alarm is indeed armed, doors are locked, just like it should be. Of course that's a different subject, but I know some people might be curious about that. But that solely relies on the install of both the alarm and the turbo timer together. The the turbo timer is installed the "right" way as I stated above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back