The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

cheap easy idea to improve wet kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95talontsi

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 29, 2002
Princeton, NJ_Montgomery
nitrous plus a turbo, good combo right, except when the boost builds and the fuel pressure jumps up and the wet kit jets now rich.

My idea I have a aftermarket regulator, on the fuel line to the solenoid mount my stock one or someting cheap that will hold the pressure at 40 psi and keep it constant for the nitrous jets and the return lines taps into the regualar return line.

uh... your fuel pressure regulator already does that (if it's working right).

Set it for 40 psi... hose off @ idle.

Running 20 psi, fuel pressure will be 60 psi... or... 40 psi above manifold pressure.

Hal

WHy not just get a 1 Gal fuel cell and mount it under the hood. Get an external pump and a regulator and create a stand alone fuel system for your nitrous kit. Then you can run C16 on your nitrous system only and regular 94 pump gas for the car. That way the fuel pressure is totally seperate from the fuel running to your motor and you can spray at any RPM you want and not have to worry about WOT fuel pressure with a rising rate because of turbo.

Basically it's just the NItrous systems own fuel system. All you need it a NHRA legal container 1Gal a external pump and non vaccum regulator, set at 42psi and have a return back to the fuel cell under the hood. Run your nitrous kit from there and your golden.

Were using a setup like this on my Dad's Maxima spray 150hp single nozzle on it, works like a charm.

On a turbo car manifold pressure is not constant (this should be very obvious!). 20psi of boost increases manifold pressure by 20psi. The fuel pressure regulators on turbo cars have to increase fuel pressure by the same amount of pressure otherwise the car will lean out big time. For example lets say your fuel pressure is fixed at 45psi. You boost to 20psi. Now you have to subtract the boost pressure from your fuel pressure to determine the net resultant fuel pressure. This would end up being 25psi of fuel pressure. Do you see the problem yet? The same goes for the fuel jet on a nitrous kit. If you spray a constant 45psi of fuel into your intake tract you will lean out and ruin your motor. The only way to do what you are suggesting is to spray the fuel ahead of the turbo, which I strongly suggest you dont do.

ahhh, I see your point now, hmm why do I hear all about nitrous system on turbo car running rich all the time them. Forgot about the manifold pressure.

Mainly because they are not jetted right. With the right jetting you will have perfect air/fuel ratio at any boost and any rpm. When bottle pressure drops you will run richer however.... thats just how a wet system works.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back