The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Cheap E85 Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayRolla

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 23, 2006
Colorado Spring, Colorado
Well I know a few guys with 1g's running a cheap e85 setup that is working out really great and here how they are doing it.

Fuel injectors (850cc+)-$200-$350
Evo Maf/3g maf-$15-$100
SAFC-$100-$250
255lph-$100

This setup seems to be working great and the evo maf leans you out so much that you can run up too 1200cc injectors no problem. Its also a breeze to tune. You may want to bump base timing back to around 0-2* to be safe but still runs fine.

Wish I would have thought of it before going with the maf-t because driveability and tuning is a lot better. This setup can be had for $415-$800 depending on how well you shop. This would cover the entire fuel system to swap over to e85 safely. I guess I could add a wbo2, but I expect all serious dsm'ers to have one already.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back