The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Chassis wiring delete questions SOLVED

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archer Fabrications

10+ Year Contributor
May 9, 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
hi guys, I'm working on deleting unused plugs but had a few plug identification questions on the fuze box harness and the engine harness here it goes

There is a ser of plugs that come off the driver side it's the first set after the Abs Plug that goes to the break itself, and before th abs computer plug (on the 99) the set I'm pointing to is a brown plug. Blck plug, and two grounds, and has a grommit that goes theough the fender, the single plug on the left is the driver side turn signal amber. The only thing that was in use was the grounds, I'd like to remove it all if it won't hurt anything, and I'd like to know what it used to go to. (SOLVED!!!!! Brown AC, black main horn, grounds I'll assume are for AC, these are now deleted)
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

#2Next is this single plug, 2 wire connector i dont think it's fog lights. But it comes out of the harness right next to the main driver headlight plug. (SOLVED EVAP PURGE SOLINOID PLUG)

#3 moving down tword the fuze box ive cut out the oil dummy light and oem oil sender plugs... Hope thats cool, i habe an aem oil psi gauge..

#4 by the pssenger fenderwell there is a box with a ring terminal before the harnness goes back into the pssenger side fender well. What is this to?

Other the. That on this fuze box harness ive removed fog light plugs, and some other random connectors that were not in use and were tied up around the harness

So this leaves me with only the following plugs on the fuze box harness if i delete the above, let me know if this sounds right (trying to go minimalistic while keeping basic functions of lights and street legalness)

From driver side fender well plug to the pssenger side fender well plug:

Driver side turn light plug
Driver side Side marker light plug
Abs computer plug (will remove)
Main driver head light plug
Driver side rad fan plug
Alternator power and ground

-Long section that runs across rad support-

Passenger rad fan plug
Fuze box itself and connection to engine harness

Main passenger headlight
Pssenger side marker
Pssenger turb signal plug
-then through firewall plug.

Thats the fuze box harness only, on to the engine harness.

Starting where the engine harness connects to the fuze box harness, right next to the maf plug i have two unknown plugs (SOLVED small plug is for boost control solinoid, orange plug is for cruise switch)

By the coolant temp sensor thre three plugs two were unhsed (one my that my thumb is on I'm sure is front 02 sensor unused the ones above it in the below pic is the coolant temp sensor plugs) and another was used but i dont know what it went to. Please identify black plug.

(SOLVED!! Trans speed sensor 3 wire, and 1 wire starter solinoid black)

Last one #3 is by the injectors and coil pack plug. These are at the very end of the harness, I'm guessing it's AC stuff and was t used and can be deleted? One looks the same as the coil pack plug, the other looks the same as the unknown fize box plug #2 I'd appreciate all identification thanks in advance!

Also, i do have a chiltons manual but I'm not good at all with wiring diagrams

Last edited:
#1 Brown plug is to the A/C
#2 is to the horn.
The horn
#1 Brown plug is to the A/C
#2 is to the horn.
So #2 is the horn itself, not the alarm horn right? Cause i have the alarm horn labeled on the engine harness by the pssenger wide firewall how about those two grounds?

Like this? Good to delete all?

Last edited:
The "horn, horn" is bolted to the frame under the driver side headlight . The alarm horn is above the battery, near the windshield wiper motor connector and on the engine harness like you said.

BTW, I wouldn't eliminate any grounds. Relocating them to clean up the bay, fine, just don't remove them...

It helps a little, i wish each picture was labeled instead of linked cause a lot of the links don't go to the correct plug... I'll look through it, if anyone else knows off the top of their head that would be awesome

ive solved and deleted fuze box #1 set of plugs. (Thanks @gofer ) Need #2 It could be the useless evap purge plug but i need conformation.

Okay just solved #2 on the fuze box harness. Looks like it's the evap purge solinoid.

Last edited:
I would like to hook you up with my Bible, I will convert you one of these days. I'm not trying to be a dick but it's either me spending an hour digging through there finding the answer to your questions or giving you the resource to answer ALL of your questions, now and the one's that will come up since I'm certain there's a million plugs.

Might I make one suggestion, remove all the old plastic wire loom/tape from the harness (use zip ties to maintain it's basic shape where it branches off) and then de-pin the connectors wiring rather than just cutting it. It makes for a helluva lot cleaner wire tuck/relo and makes it easier to see where the wiring routes in the harness. Also, it's about to get hot as shit outside in The Valley so by removing the dirty and grease covered wire loom/tape on there you can bring the wiring inside the house where there's A/C. :thumb:

I would like to hook you up with my Bible, I will convert you one of these days. I'm not trying to be a dick but it's either me spending an hour digging through there finding the answer to your questions or giving you the resource to answer ALL of your questions, now and the one's that will come up since I'm certain there's a million plugs.

Might I make one suggestion, remove all the old plastic wire loom/tape from the harness (use zip ties to maintain it's basic shape where it branches off) and then de-pin the connectors wiring rather than just cutting it. It makes for a helluva lot cleaner wire tuck/relo and makes it easier to see where the wiring routes in the harness. Also, it's about to get hot as sh** outside in The Valley so by removing the dirty and grease covered wire loom/tape on there you can bring the wiring inside the house where there's A/C. :thumb:
The wiring will definately be moved into the House with AC :) i opted not to de pin because who has time for thay haha I'm chopping connectors, going to unloom and remove the cut wires, then I'll re loom and electrical tape and extend wires needed with the wires i just cut.

I was wrong, I was calling the black connector the horn from the photo below.

Using my Bible that I linked to, here's a screen shot of the page showing that section of harness. You can see the rubber grommet, the grounds (the black 11 in square) and the two connectors, A-47 and A-21.

According to the Bible's configuration diagrams (pg. 55 in Scribd or 53 in the book) you're looking at connectors A-47 (dual pressure switch) and A-21 (hood switch). Then I'd go even one step further and verify with the wiring color in the wiring diagram. Looking at the wiring diagram table of contents (pg.73 in Scribd) the A/C system is on pg.245 and the factory alarm is pg.318.

A-47
So going to those pages you'll find the A-47 Dual Pressure Switch at the top left of pg.245 in Scribd, it's showing wiring color G-R and G-O going in/out of it. Looking at the legend at the bottom of that page G-R is green/red and G-O is green/orange.

A-21
Going to pg.322 in Scribd you'll see the A-21 Hood Switch middle left of the diagram, showing wiring color L-B and B going in/out of it. Looking at the legend at the bottom of the page L-B is blue/black and B is black.

So, before you cut (preferably de-pin) the connector to that plug and remove the wiring I'd verify that those wires match that way you're 100% certain you're removing those unused connectors.

So the connector I was calling the horn was the hood switch for the factory alarm.

I was wrong, I was calling the black connector the horn from the photo below.

Using my Bible that I linked to, here's a screen shot of the page showing that section of harness. You can see the rubber grommet, the grounds (the black 11 in square) and the two connectors, A-47 and A-21.

According to the Bible's configuration diagrams (pg. 55 in Scribd or 53 in the book) you're looking at connectors A-47 (dual pressure switch) and A-21 (hood switch). Then I'd go even one step further and verify with the wiring color in the wiring diagram. Looking at the wiring diagram table of contents (pg.73 in Scribd) the A/C system is on pg.245 and the factory alarm is pg.318.

A-47
So going to those pages you'll find the A-47 Dual Pressure Switch at the top left of pg.245 in Scribd, it's showing wiring color G-R and G-O going in/out of it. Looking at the legend at the bottom of that page G-R is green/red and G-O is green/orange.

A-21
Going to pg.322 in Scribd you'll see the A-21 Hood Switch middle left of the diagram, showing wiring color L-B and B going in/out of it. Looking at the legend at the bottom of the page L-B is blue/black and B is black.

So, before you cut (preferably de-pin) the connector to that plug and remove the wiring I'd verify that those wires match that way you're 100% certain you're removing those unused connectors.

So the connector I was calling the horn was the hood switch for the factory alarm.

Thanks man! I know they were unused, i already got rid of them. Was just curious what it was to glad you verified! The only two i need to figure out are these.

^this one i did cut, wanted to verify it was AC compressor.

And this i still havnt cut yet, but both are at the end of the injector section of the harness.

I wish @snowborder714 had labeled the posts with the pictures because the links got scrambled when the site change over happened.

Want to send me said bible?

Yes, the first one in post #14 is the AC compressor clutch. The second is the EVAP emission purge solenoid control valve.

Right. The solenoid is at the charcoal canister, the solenoid control valve for the '98-'99 is on the belt side of the intake manifold.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back