The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Charleston SC! DSM'ers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I don't know about SC but here on NC there is not too many DSMs out there,i been in the game since 2006 and never heard about any single DSM meeting or anything here in NC! its so sad but its the true that we don't have a big community about this platform! like in some others places!

I don't know about SC but here on NC there is not too many DSMs out there,i been in the game since 2006 and never heard about any single DSM meeting or anything here in NC! its so sad but its the true that we don't have a big community about this platform! like in some others places!
Just wondering if there were still any people in Charleston with and 1g or 2g Dsms out there?

I live in the Charleston area and would like to get intouch with some fellow members out this way.
As far as I know, DSM's aren't popular anywhere in the South. I'm in Alabama, never have DSM meets either.

i agree! here in NC it's hard to find 4g63 platform cars for sale! i mean there some out there but is not that easy to find them,in my case,it took me few years to find my current AWD project that i have right now! even, i did not got it from NC,i bought it from greenville SC!

Even 420a parts are scarce. It's kinda sad how everyone destroys these cars and no one make the right parts to fix what idiots have done! And the cars go straight to the scrap yard, not even to the junkyard! I have to fab some parts because I can't find them!

But any way sorry to thread-jack and rant. I just know that when I buy DSM's in the future I'm putting myself in a bad position just for pleasureLOL

I live in camden, sc.

There is a time attack 2g in aiken,SC

YUCKi performance is in lexington, sc

There is a car meet almost every fri in rockhill, SC. At the "speed shop" or pep boys. Look them up facebook.

Otherwise the cars n coffee of columbia is another one I plan to start going to now that i finally have my car back from the shop (3yrs at different shops) still needs some TLC but at least its back and running again.

Also my car is built for road racing and I live 16 miles from carolina motorsports park. If you're ever interested in racing there i'll see about joining you.

Paul with the time attack eclipse races there also but he's currently working on fixing a mishap from last weekends hill climb so might be a bit before he's back out.

Last edited:
Greenville, NC here. I know about 6 or 7 locally, and prob 4-5 within a hour away. They are still out there, just getting a lot harder to find people that mess with these cars anymore. I've been playing with them for 18+ years, and everyone else I know at least 6 years. Just isn't any new people jumping into these cars nowadays...

Nah your not jacking the thread LOL. I was just curious. I understand what your saying, I just did the bushings on the clutch pedal and bought a special lock washer, because I refuse to weld it, works perfectly! Built a pipe for the blow off to go back into the Intake because the previous owner deleted it. Trust me I understand exactly what your saying. I'm actually in the process of selling this car but the market is so niche.

Just read that! Not sure my turbo turd is up for it tho :p
I live in camden, sc.

There is a time attack 2g in aiken,SC

YUCKi performance is in lexington, sc

There is a car meet almost every fri in rockhill, SC. At the "speed shop" or pep boys. Look them up facebook.

Otherwise the cars n coffee of columbia is another one I plan to start going to now that i finally have my car back from the shop (3yrs at different shops) still needs some TLC but at least its back and running again.

Also my car is built for road racing and I live 16 miles from carolina motorsports park. If you're ever interested in racing there i'll see about joining you.

Paul with the time attack eclipse races there also but he's currently working on fixing a mishap from last weekends hill climb so might be a bit before he's back out.

If anyone has car meets they plan to go to please post up so we can start getting together.

Just finished installing my carbonetics side skirts and front lip today, after a year + of them sitting in my garage.

Attachments

• 20190827_184706.jpg
    20190827_184706.jpg
    702.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 20190827_184503.jpg
    20190827_184503.jpg
    885 KB · Views: 70

It's because there's a person who owns a junkyard in NC near charlotte that goes around buying literally any kind of fair priced DSM, either himself or his people he has scouring around for him, from Florida, up to like WV. So anywhere in pretty much the entire area especially around here, he buys them just to hack them up, rape them for parts, and crush the shell afterwords.

And people still support this dude. Now we're feeling the effects.

It's because there's a person who owns a junkyard in NC near charlotte that goes around buying literally any kind of fair priced DSM, either himself or his people he has scouring around for him, from Florida, up to like WV. So anywhere in pretty much the entire area especially around here, he buys them just to hack them up, rape them for parts, and crush the shell afterwords.

Ouch

Ive been saying this for years. He says he doesnt scrap the nice ones but ive seen it time and time again clean 1g and 2g cars being went stripped and scraped. Its sad honestly.

Yeah. Unmentioned dude is a POS tbh. Sold me a bum motor. I kept messaging him trying to play it cool and give him chance after chance to own up, and each time he was like "looks normal to me".

The exhaust ports were sopping wet with oil, dirt all over the engine, on a "0 miles freshly rebuilt motor".

But yeah. Glad it's not just me. Lol.

Dang man thats crazy. But i have noticed every motor he gets says its been rebuilt or runs great. Like seriously how do you know this when most of the time the cars are missing half of the things needed to run. But oh well i guess. Im lucky that i even found my gsx befor he did, bc it was only like 1200$.

Yeah. Unmentioned dude is a POS tbh. Sold me a bum motor. I kept messaging him trying to play it cool and give him chance after chance to own up, and each time he was like "looks normal to me".

The exhaust ports were sopping wet with oil, dirt all over the engine, on a "0 miles freshly rebuilt motor".

But yeah. Glad it's not just me. Lol.

Yeah I know who you're talking about!
a few years ago i bought some parts from him, but sadly for me,always received the wrong item!
only one time i got the right part,but because had to pick it up by myself at his junk yard!
i still remember last time asking for a pic of the flywheel that i was pretending to buy from him! he refused to provide it

Now i wanna clarify that maybe for some/many people he must be a good seller but,for me it was only bad experiences/"luck" buying parts from him!
so now i just avoid everything that he post on facebook.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back