The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

The Blackout Eclipse (Restoration now/Special 4G AWD Swap later)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Changed up the title. Turns out, I'm going a different route than most people are going to go. Normally, people are going for the Evo 4G63 swap, but I'm going down a different route for this build. This might effectively become possibly the first-ever AWD swap for the DSM without an Evo 4G63, however, it would use something similar that Evo owners use. Stay tuned.

The 420A hasn't got much work recently, but my friend is going for a universal HEMI design for our heads. This means the 420A will be getting an upgrade and it will be an upgrade for everyone to use! Since I'm planning on ditching the motor anyway when I get to the US, there's a chance that the 420A will be used in a special car that will be for the track.

I've got an accident recently (check my Instagram for more information) a couple of weeks ago that has been a health issue. So far, I'm almost fine. If anything, I'll be medically cleared in 4-6 weeks.

Blackout, unfortunately, got taken away by force, check my Instagram for more information... This was a car I had a lot of emotions and connections for because it was one of those cars that got me to build what I wanted to build to be unique. Sadly, it is now gone, and almost all of the money was lost too. I still got some of my old parts which means I can build a Blackout V2, but at the moment, I have no car, meaning I can't even do anything about it. The car kept me from feeling bad for myself, and I was able to shift my focus for it so I can make sure I feel happy and comfortable. But since now, it is lost... I can't do anything.

I have a friend giving me another RS, sure it won't be black (I can do the paint later), but he's offering $1300, something I don't have on hand at this time.

I'm also debating as well on getting a Mitsubishi Lancer Wagon, which while not exactly perfect for DSMTuners, is perfect to base the swap I was gonna do for the Eclipse anyway with the 2.4L I was thinking of using.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back