The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Changing My Fuel Filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba9110

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 13, 2010
Madras, Oregon
So I was reading an article on here about how to change your fuel filter and it said for you to locate the fuse for the fuel and then start the car then while it's running pull the fuse out to take the pressure out of the lines and filter. So I went and looked at my car's fuse box and I didn't see any fuse that would correspond to the fuel filter. So my question is on a 2g talon which fuse do you pull to do this? Thanks. :)

There's no fuse for gas filter..... this is non sence just disconect the batt. And remove it. Then take care of the fuel filter. Its as easy as that. Just make shure you don't ruin your fuel line... while your at this remove the emission canister to make the engine bay look bbetter

You could just unplug the fuel pump wiring harness. I believe it is under the seat on a 2g. I just did mine today. Be ready with a rag because there will still be fuel in the lines. Do a search for "relieve fuel" and change it to search titles only and there is a thread with some info on it.

Ok so I read some of that stuff you suggested on searching for and I guess the wiring harness is under the back seat on the driver's side. So I'll look into that today. Also what is the emission canister for and what does it look like?

It looks like a big black cylinder with hoses.. and also do a vacume line delet. Insted of having like 50vacume lines ull have 3 or 4...

just make sure your not under there looking up at the filter when it goes ### holy sh!!!!!!!!!!!T i did that last week when installing my walbro and i thought my eye ball was gonna melt away after my face got a nice rinsing of 93 :( luckily i keep a gallon of water around, in case of emergencies or stupidity LOL

Kyle

OP, the fuse they're talking about is the fuel pump fuse or relay, it's usually easier to get to than taking the back seat out of a car. The charcoal canister they're talking about is part of your emissions system, it may or may not cause a check engine light if you remove it but WILL be noticed as missing whenever you get your car inspected. I don't know about Oregon laws on removing emissions components causing you to fail a safety inspection but you might want to check before removing it.

I posted a new tread called. Not so new. Look it up and ull se how that canister remove/batt relocation looks. ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back