The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Changing gauge lights, just need some quick advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Libila

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 13, 2002
Carson City, Nevada
I am going to change my interior lighting but I want to do my speedo/tach area too. I would like to keep the stock black gauges but redo the light color. Now I know there is an orange film on the numbers and I have heard you can sand the orange off, is this true? What would be the effects of just removing the film period? And what about the needle? Can I change the color of that just by replacing a bulb or should I buy some replacements? I would like to do blue lighting because my car is blue, with red needles. Sorry if this is a noob question but I have never torn my gauges apart.

Give Boostineklipz a holla. He specializes in the whole blue light deal.

Well what about just shaving that orange film? Will I tear that film straight off?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back