The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Changing Air Conditioner Filter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13secGST

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 1, 2002
San Luis Obispo, California
Ok I searched a bunch but couldn't find anything. I want to know how I can change the filter cleans the air coming inside the car. I want to keep the inside cleaner with less dust and try to keep the inside of those air ports clean as well...and possibly make the car smell newer or at least cleaner. I really like keeping my car clean and this would just help me more. Does anybody know how to change what I am talking about? or are there directions somewhere? Thanx

ok read the manual, checked the vfaq...there is nothing on it and I don't have a Hanes manual or anything like that so if somebody could help me out I would appriciate it...thanx

If you want to you can make one. Just send me $5.99 + $13.99 shipping & handeling of your balls and I will send you a High high fiber 90% filter. That will fit any where you want it to.

Just email me
[email protected]

Please include size ;)

Originally posted by 97GSTURBO
Fabreeze dude! Fabreeze! DSM's do not have cabin filters.

No..no I'm not woried about the smell just the cleanseliness (totally misspelled) of the air and not all kinds of dust, my car still smell pretty good.

And AW4G63 I know where I can buy air filter material...like at Home Depot, I just don't know where the main "line" is that brings air into the cabin...unless I did each part individually but that would be dumb.

yeh I just looked at it...dropped the glove box looked behind there...didn't really see anything...so that is my guess too, I'll probably check it tommorow or wed. since I'm working tommorrow...I would just like to have clean air...If you look in the ducts they look nasty and all dirty, even if you clean what you can and then a week later they are filthy again. What can I say, I love my car. I did buy a test pipe too on Sat. can't wait till it comes in.

My car is the one in Sept. 2001 issue of Import Tuner, The guy that had it before me got it in there but took his aftermarket #### off and made it stock again and sold it...to me, I guess we gain 27.9 hp with a test pipe or at least mine did...I'm stoked

well I'm not going to look at it today cause I gotta go to work...and tommorrow I'm probably gonna be catching up on homework unless I get off early tonight...But I'm going to look into it and take pictures on the way...If I find its not hard then I'll post one of those things that people post and then all DSMers can have cabin filters! Yeh! LOL what is that site you use to shrink pictures again cause my digi cam makes the pics huge.

woohoo! psp rocks. but everyone seemes to use photoshop. oh well, that's why i have (but not own) both.

most basic picture editors will resize. i haven't seen a website that does it. You may have microsofts picture editor thing if you have ms office on your computer. If not, you can always go to www.hotfiles.com and look around there for a small picture editor. (If you have a broadband connection just kazaa photoshop 7 and it comes with a prog called image ready with was made for shrinking pics for the web)

i was just thinking...paint shop pro 3 (an old old version) was pretty small and will resize and much much more. It only works for 30 days (unless u set ur calendar a couple years ahead, install it, and turn ur calendar back) but you can find something else after 30 days if you dont like it/need it or you didn't read in the parentheses

With the engine off and cold, open your heater to high, open your outside vent, turn your blower on high and go outside to the base of the windshield and give it a few shots of Ozium, or maybe Febreeze. It should help a lot. If not, make sure the drain for the AC condensation tray is clear, and that it's not full of awful pond products there.
Next step would be to wash it out with chlorine bleach, but go very sparingly with it.

Defiant said:
With the engine off and cold, open your heater to high, open your outside vent, turn your blower on high and go outside to the base of the windshield and give it a few shots of Ozium, or maybe Febreeze. It should help a lot. If not, make sure the drain for the AC condensation tray is clear, and that it's not full of awful pond products there.
Next step would be to wash it out with chlorine bleach, but go very sparingly with it.
There is a product out there that will totally get rid of the smell. The name escapes me at the moment though. Its a foam. Check your local parts store.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back