The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Changed injectors and pump = NO Start (EMS)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboTJ

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 2, 2006
Fort Collins, Colorado
I just finished installing my new FIC 1050's, dual pump setup, FPR and -8, -6 line. Before I start it, I have the pressure set to 43.5PSI at the rail. It cranks but doesn't start.

To recalibrate the EMS, I entered the following.

OLD injectors
450 @ 43.5PSI <<(I assumed that they were rated at base fuel pressure)

New injectors
1050 @ 43.5PSI

Any ideas? I am showing -2.45PSIg load which makes since for the altitude. I am running a speed density setup.

Are there any good write ups on setting fuel pressure?

Thanks for all the help!

The pumps are running? Making good pressure and all that good stuff??

Yes, I am showing 43ish at the rail. I pulled a plug after cranking it and it was wet, so I am confident that the fuel system is working.

I would have to say check over all the basics first. Check spark, pulse width etc..... Does it pop at all or just nothing?

pretty much no signs of life. I am thinking that it might be running to rich. I just installed the EMS to make sure that it works on a stock setup and then I installed the fuel system. So it never ran well on stock settings and even then took quite a bit of cranking to start. Guess I should have tuned it perfect there before installing the new fuel system.

Thanks for the help!

Is this an AEM? Start by cutting the initial crank pulse in half, and see if it starts. It may take some cranking, give it a little time. If that helps, adjust from there. If there is no change, cut your crank inject time in half, and go from there. Tuning the start parameters can be a pain in the ass, but to make it easier, just go for the least amount of fuel that will quickly and reliably start the motor. You can play with a big initial shot or higher cranking fuel.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back