The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

centercaps wont fit on wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikester7

Probationary Member
Apr 5, 2003
NebraskaUS
I bought some rota subzeros and put them on my 1990 talon tsi awd and the front centercaps cant fit onto the wheel because the nut from the cv axel sticks out too far. does anyone know how i can get the centercap on without having to fab up something that will make the centercap stick out realy far?

thanks
-nick

1. Carefully remove sticker from center of center cap.

2. Break out the grinder or small saw of your choice.

3. Enlarge the hole in the center until it is bigger than the nut on the axle. There should be about 1/4 inch of material still left to stick the sticker back on.

4. Put a small dab of super glue on the center cap and reattach the sticker.

5. Bobs your uncle!

David

I give up. Spacers are for lazy people who don't want things done right. But if you have the cash to burn by all means get some spacers.:rolleyes:

the only reason i wanted to get the spacers was because i dont think there is enough thickness in the centercap for it to click in place. but im gonna try to cut around the nut and see if that works.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back