The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Center Tail Light

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the nonfunctional part. i want to take it out so i can paint it and take off eclipse. prying it around the seal works? how would u get it bak on?

open the hatch and remove the panel overlay and unbolt the pertaining bolts to that and it slides out ;-) that is how to remove it... at least on a 1g the 2g should be similar, Hope that helps out...

Remove the Center plastic panel in the hatch, then remove the nuts directly behind the light (Like 4-6 I think) that hold it in place, then it just slides out.

Take a look at this if you need more help : Remove Tail Lights

Using a knife to pry it out is the complete wrong way to do it and you will break it. This only works if you are trying to remove the red reflective cover not the whole housing. To paint it you shouldn't need to remove the cover though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back