The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A P0505 & P0113 CEL

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyline-Tweak

Proven Member
Nov 11, 2012
Kunkletown, Pennsylvania
So I've looked at pictures on Google, searched some forums and still can't seem to understand any of it. My car runs again and almost beautifully. It throws two codes (P0505 & P0113) idle air control sensor and intake air temp sensor. If anyone knows the locations it would help a lot. Thank you in advance.

For NT: P0505 is the idle air control motor which is on the side of the throttle body. P0113 is the intake air temp sensor which is at the rear center of the valve cover (or maybe just below according to the diagram).

Attachments

• Idle air control motor location 2g NT.jpg
    Idle air control motor location 2g NT.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Idle air control motor test 2g NT.jpg
    Idle air control motor test 2g NT.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Intake air temp sensor 2g NT.jpg
    Intake air temp sensor 2g NT.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Depends what engine you have. if you have a 4g engine then the intake air temp is in the maf. but idle air control is in the side of the throttle body

I have the 420a engine. And I went to my service manual and found out that on 2.0L Non-Turbo engines that the IAT is mounted inside the intake manifold. But I do have the sensor on the back of the intake manifold too which makes no sense to me. As for the Idle Air Control, that picture did help alot because the manual keeps saying there's a motor. But I've never seen it. Thank you guys!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back