The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

CEL on and no Codes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eclipse37

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 3, 2008
Tonopah, Arizona
Ok guys If u read my other threads about how I couldn't get a connection to the ECU to read it with a scanner. Well I spent many hours looking at wires and I got it to where I can read the CEL codes. Well I wrote all the codes down then erased all the codes and pulled the battery cable off and the CEL still won't shut off. The codes I got were.

P0335
P0110
P0105

I know the P0335 is a circuit for the CPS but im not sure if that means it's out or if it's not getting a connection to the ECU. But like I said I red the ECU got the codes wrote then down deleted the codes from scanner pulled the battery cable and the CEL is still on anyone know what might be causing this? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.:dsm:

P0105 is a pressure differential signal (map sensor) circuit fault. P0110 wasn`t listed on my list. As far as the cel. staying on, try disconnecting both battery cables, & touch them together for a minute (this shorts out any static energy that may be stored in the ecu, which may be storing memory). :talon:

I'll try it I also heard u have to remove the fuse for you're interior lights. Im going to try that also if anyone had anything else let me know. Because if this doesn't work im thinking the ECU might be ####ed.

KK took the fuse out took the battery cables off touched them together and left it for 30 mins or more. I scanned it before I did said no codes found. After 30 mins i put the fuse back in reconnected the battery cable CEL is still on. Scanned the car agin no codes found. Im not sure what to do here I mean it says it has no codes but I cant get the car emissions tested with the CEL on. Any other suggestions?

Guys honestly. The reason the light is not going out is because one of those codes is active. So it immediately is turning the light on.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 105
I would check your wiring harness. If i remeber right all those wires are in the same loom, that runs on top of the injectors. Did you change anything in the last week, or did the CEL just come on.

The CEL has been on since I got the car. when i got the car I could scan it and I got CPS and knock sensor So I replaced them and CEL didn't go off. then a fuse flew and I couldn't Then i finally found the fuse replaced it now I can scan agin but the CEL still wont go off. The guy before me had a huge stereo system set up and he was cutting wires but most of them just look like stereo wires.

Like i said all those sensors are in the same loom over the injectors check it out. If the harness is that bad with alot of hacking up, then might have to bit the bullet, and buy a new harness.

Like i said all those sensors are in the same loom over the injectors check it out. If the harness is that bad with alot of hacking up, then might have to bit the bullet, and buy a new harness.

Do you have any pictures of those wires so i can confirm whether they have been cut or not? Cause I have no idea which wire is for which. Thanks for all the help so far btw.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back