The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

ECUflash Ceddymods Evoscan Wideband Logging Setup How-tos???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiki2777

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 9, 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
I just got my innovate mtx-l and began installation today, but i can't figure out where to wire in the 5v yellow logging wire signal to. I've looked through a number of ceddy's stuff and threads on this but no one has straight up said how to do this. Also, is the logging cable provided by innovate (serial to whatever the hell that 2x2 holed connecter on the gauge is) useful? thanks

Pics would be nice too. (im not 100% sure where the ecu is, ive flashed it but thats about it)

I have read here on tuners that a lot of people are connecting the analog output from the wide band to the input from the rear O2. Disconnect the rear O2 signal wire from the ECU and connect it there. I am getting ready to try the same thing. I have the older AEM UEGO wide band and I need to start logging AFRs.

Assuming that you are on the '98 GSX, I can tell you the ECU in behind the radio. You will need to remove the drivers side plastic kick panel from the center console. The ECU will be attached with 3 bolts (2 acceded from the drivers side and 1 from the passenger side) It's a black box and has 4 large rectangular connectors.

The other connector that you mentioned goes from the gauge (the 4 pin square connector) to the serial port on your computer and you would use Innovate software to log it.

I have read here on tuners that a lot of people are connecting the analog output from the wide band to the input from the rear O2. Disconnect the rear O2 signal wire from the ECU and connect it there. I am getting ready to try the same thing. I have the older AEM UEGO wide band and I need to start logging AFRs.

Assuming that you are on the '98 GSX, I can tell you the ECU in behind the radio. You will need to remove the drivers side plastic kick panel from the center console. The ECU will be attached with 3 bolts (2 acceded from the drivers side and 1 from the passenger side) It's a black box and has 4 large rectangular connectors.

The other connector that you mentioned goes from the gauge (the 4 pin square connector) to the serial port on your computer and you would use Innovate software to log it.

Wow, thank you finally. However, i found a post by Ceddy himself that told someone to not use the 5v signal to the ecu. He said it was not nearly as accurate as the serial port, so i have decided to go with his suggestion and use the serial port. This also makes it a little easier. In evoscan, there is a place where you can log from the usb or serial com port for lc-1 or (mtx-l) innovate widebands. Thanks for the help and hopefully this helps you.

If you have any trouble with evoscan, like maptracer for logs, let me know and i can help you get it to work. (its kinda strange and overwhelming at first, but patience and research helps in the end... and experimentation trail and error)

:thumb:

Wow, thank you finally. However, i found a post by Ceddy himself that told someone to not use the 5v signal to the ecu. He said it was not nearly as accurate as the serial port, so i have decided to go with his suggestion and use the serial port. This also makes it a little easier. In evoscan, there is a place where you can log from the usb or serial com port for lc-1 or (mtx-l) innovate widebands. Thanks for the help and hopefully this helps you.

If you have any trouble with evoscan, like maptracer for logs, let me know and i can help you get it to work. (its kinda strange and overwhelming at first, but patience and research helps in the end... and experimentation trail and error)

:thumb:
So what your saying is, I dont have to use an ecu pin for the yellow wire? Just tape it up it out of the way and just connect that serial port straight to my computer?

Holy thread necromancy Batman. With the innovate wideband you don’t have to tap any ecu wires you can log to a laptop through the serial. It really comes down to where you are placing the sensor. If it’s in the front o2 than yes you have to feed it into the front o2 signal wire on the ECU. If not and you have it in a middle bunge or the rear you have freedom to not have to patch into the ecu.

Holy thread necromancy Batman. With the innovate wideband you don’t have to tap any ecu wires you can log to a laptop through the serial. It really comes down to where you are placing the sensor. If it’s in the front o2 than yes you have to feed it into the front o2 signal wire on the ECU. If not and you have it in a middle bunge or the rear you have freedom to not have to patch into the ecu.
Awesome thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back