The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

CD Receiver/XM/SIRIUS question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LandoAWD

Retired
Supporting VIP
Jun 13, 2002
Hillsborough, North_Carolina
Alright, I know this is a pretty dumb question, but here it goes...

I bought a JVC deck a year or so ago for the Laser, and had intended to put it into the Rover now that the car is sold. JVC apparently is a SIRIUS compatible brand, and the deck is tagged with the logo. I bought a Roady2 (buy one get one deal) which is an XM receiver, and I know I can't get the deck to work where it will TUNE the XM stations and such, but can I use the AUX inputs on the back of the deck and connect the Roady2 to it anyway?

:coy:

You should be able to get any audio device to work through the Aux in. Your roadie should have a line-level out somewhere on it. Just get a cable that fits that and will reach the back of the HU. Shouldn't be too hard. The Sirius ready just means the HU can control a Sirius tuner box behind the dash on in the glove box.

yes you should...the Sirius module thats in your head just means all you need is an antenna and you can control the sirius through your head...there should be no problem with you hooking XM to the AUX inputs on the head...BTW I have a roady2...great unit, and good decision going with XM over sirius :thumb:

Thanks alot guys. I kind of figured the AUX wouldn't be proprietary, and was certainly not looking forward to another head unit purchase when I have a perfectly good one at my disposal.

:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back