The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Caution: Ordering from RTM Racing Niagara Falls

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gomes

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 3, 2012
Brantford, ON_Canada
Just a side off caution when ordering valve seals I called today about getting the dimensions of the super tech valve seals narrow OD and they measured and told me they are 14.8. But the super tech inside valve spring is only 14.2.... So with more research I found out the ST VSs are 13.7mm not 14.8mm.. Which is stock for the 4g63 engine. They also measured the FP VSs and they came back the same at 14.8mm... Call n confirm before ordering. Other than that I've had no problems ordering parts through them.

Note to Admins: not sure if this is right area to post this.

Nope me either, I deal with Ziggy all the time, Always willing to help as much as possible.

If stm doesnt contact me by friday ill be taking my business to rtm

Gomes, I'm not sure what you're trying to say/imply? That we don't know how to read a vernier? Or that we can read a vernier and the seals measured 13.7, but we were feeling playful so we told you they were 14.8? Or perhaps you're implying we didn't have any FP or Supertech seals on hand so we measured some other random seals or perhaps just made things up? Or are you implying something a bit more sinister: that we don't actually carry genuine FP or Supertech seals but claim to?

Like I said, I'm not sure what you're trying to say/imply, but it seems you're trying to imply something. If I'm wrong and I'm guilty of reading things into your words that aren't present, then I apologize. If I'm not guilty of misreading what I interpret as your implications . . .

Sorry Gomes, you are unfortunately mistaken.

VS-M6.6 which are the ST VS that RTM carries are the stock OD of 14.8mm
VS-H6.6 which are the ST VS that RTM may be able to order, are designed for dual spring setups and have a smaller OD of 13.7mm

source: SUPERTECH Valve Stem Seals

Last edited:
Since the owner of RTM Racing (Ziggy) does not have an account on Tuners, he's asked that I post this on his behalf:

"We at RTM value our reputation VERY highly. We DO offer “made in China” parts for the cost conscious customer, but we NEVER try to pass off something else as the name brand product.

We have done some investigation, and we believe that our supplier DOES in fact supply us with GENUINE Supertech valve seals, but in the stock diameter of 14.8mm. Apparently Supertech makes the seals in two sizes, the stock diameter for most applications, and the reduced diameter seals for use with their dual valve springs. We will be ordering in the reduced diameter seals in our next order, and will then carry BOTH sizes in stock.

We would like to thank all our happy customers, and would like to assure you that we will continue to do our VERY BEST to provide you with excellent service at a good price.

Thanks,

Ziggy at RTM Racing"

Since the owner of RTM Racing (Ziggy) does not have an account on Tuners, he's asked that I post this on his behalf:

"We at RTM value our reputation VERY highly. We DO offer “made in China” parts for the cost conscious customer, but we NEVER try to pass off something else as the name brand product.

We have done some investigation, and we believe that our supplier DOES in fact supply us with GENUINE Supertech valve seals, but in the stock diameter of 14.8mm. Apparently Supertech makes the seals in two sizes, the stock diameter for most applications, and the reduced diameter seals for use with their dual valve springs. We will be ordering in the reduced diameter seals in our next order, and will then carry BOTH sizes in stock.

We would like to thank all our happy customers, and would like to assure you that we will continue to do our VERY BEST to provide you with excellent service at a good price.

Thanks,

Ziggy at RTM Racing"

No. Everyone has took what I said and twisted it to turn me into the bad guy. I simply and clearly stated I called to get a measurement of Supertech NARROW DIAMETER valve seals the answer I got was 14.8. So there for a red flag for anyone who knows the 4 g63 motor would know the stock valve seal size and should assume something isn't right. There for what I am cautioning other members looking to get valve seals is to make sure you are getting what you ordered because obviously the supertech NARROW DIAMETER valve seals you measured were not the correct ones that you guys have packaged as NARROW DIAMETER might not exactly be the CORRECT ONES. Which obviously are not because you are ordering some in your next shipment. So you couldn't have even measured a NARROW DIAMETER valve seal because you CURRENTLY DO NOT have them in stock. I was not trying to deter people from your company or say you guys are fools. Simply just said. You don't have NARROW DIAMETER SUPERTECH VALVE SEALS. Maybe you ordered them as narrow diameter but super tech sent you ones packaged on a Monday or Friday....

Pretty sure I said other than that I have NO ISSUE WITH RTM AS I HAVE ORDERED PARTS FROM YOU MULTIPLE TIMES ONLINE AND PICKED UP.

Sorry Gomes, you are unfortunately mistaken.

VS-M6.6 which are the ST VS that RTM carries are the stock OD of 14.8mm
VS-H6.6 which are the ST VS that RTM may be able to order, are designed for dual spring setups and have a smaller OD of 13.7mm

source: SUPERTECH Valve Stem Seals

Unfortunately for you, you cannot read I said the stock VALVE SEALS ARE 14.8MM the Supertch DUAL VALVE SPRINGS INSIDE SPRING.(the one that sits inside the lager of the two, hence dual?) is 14.2MM Now if you can fit a 14.8mm NARROW OUTSIDE DIAMETER VALVE SEAL In Supertechs 14.2 mm inner valve spring a d make it fit. I'll give you a $1000.00 cash.

It's a lot harder to pretend you know what your talking about than actually know what your talking about...

Copy and Paste Helping people feel smart since 1996.:aha:

And Greddy 1700 it is an issue with RTM because the valve seal they measured wasn't correct.

So just because you knew they measured the wrong seal, you decided to make a bash thread vs calmly responding to them and stating that they mistakenly measured the regular valve seals vs the reduced diameter seals?

No matter how many times you spin it, you are the one who sounds like the bad guy. If you claim as much knowledge as your arrogance suggests, then you should have known they measured the wrong seal and explained that, and provided the part number for the seal you wanted measured. You are completely blowing this out of proportion man.

It turns out I DO have an account here, just never use it, LOL.

Gomes is absolutely correct. We were wrong, in that we were UNAWARE there were two different diameters of valve seals available from Supertech. We were under the (mistaken) impression that ALL Supertech valve seals were supposedly narrower than stock. So, when we gave him the size of valve seals we had in stock, we assumed those to be the narrow ones, and were unaware that smaller ones were available. I believe I even told him on the phone I was unaware of any smaller ones. Now we know otherwise. Corrections will be made to the wording and the offerings in our webstore once the smaller seals arrive.

In our defense, we are only human. They say you stop learning when you stop breathing.
We apologize for any misunderstandings or hard feelings we may have caused, and, as always, we will do our best to rectify the situation.
If anyone has purchased these seals from us expecting the smaller diameter version, please contact us and we will make arrangements to get them returned and get you the ones you expected.

Thanks,
Ziggy at RTM Racing

I did not in anyway bash rtm. Clearly said they or supertech had the seals wrong. I said that other than that I have not had any issues with rtm and ordering part from them. Did I say don't order from them or they are a shit company that don't know anything. No I didn't. Stop being a troll.

Thanks Ziggy. When you do get the correct seals let me know because I need them and appreciate your quick response to rectify the situation. This was not a bash thread against you or your company simply giving a heads up to anyone who ordered them to make sure they had the correct parts so they wouldn't toast an engine. This wouldn't be the first case a manufacturer has shipped out bad parts.

So just because you knew they measured the wrong seal, you decided to make a bash thread vs calmly responding to them and stating that they mistakenly measured the regular valve seals vs the reduced diameter seals?

No matter how many times you spin it, you are the one who sounds like the bad guy. If you claim as much knowledge as your arrogance suggests, then you should have known they measured the wrong seal and explained that, and provided the part number for the seal you wanted measured. You are completely blowing this out of proportion man.

Like I said I didn't know the diameter of the valve seals myself hence the reason why I called. But I know my valve springs inside diameter is 15mm there for 0.2mm isn't enough clearence. So I looked further into it. Maybe next time ill call at 1AM see if they will answer.

No. Everyone has took what I said and twisted it to turn me into the bad guy. I simply and clearly stated I called to get a measurement of Supertech NARROW DIAMETER valve seals the answer I got was 14.8. So there for a red flag for anyone who knows the 4 g63 motor would know the stock valve seal size and should assume something isn't right. There for what I am cautioning other members looking to get valve seals is to make sure you are getting what you ordered because obviously the supertech NARROW DIAMETER valve seals you measured were not the correct ones that you guys have packaged as NARROW DIAMETER might not exactly be the CORRECT ONES. Which obviously are not because you are ordering some in your next shipment. So you couldn't have even measured a NARROW DIAMETER valve seal because you CURRENTLY DO NOT have them in stock. I was not trying to deter people from your company or say you guys are fools. Simply just said. You don't have NARROW DIAMETER SUPERTECH VALVE SEALS. Maybe you ordered them as narrow diameter but super tech sent you ones packaged on a Monday or Friday....
Tell me where it says narrow https://www.rtmracing.com/xcart/product.php?productid=17485 And in your "research", compare the part number they have listed to what supertech has on their books: 14.8mm.

SomeRandomAngryInternetGuy said:
Unfortunately for you, you cannot read I said the stock VALVE SEALS ARE 14.8MM the Supertch DUAL VALVE SPRINGS INSIDE SPRING.(the one that sits inside the lager of the two, hence dual?) is 14.2MM Now if you can fit a 14.8mm NARROW OUTSIDE DIAMETER VALVE SEAL In Supertechs 14.2 mm inner valve spring a d make it fit. I'll give you a $1000.00 cash.
Yeah, I read that, you obviously didn't read what I posted. There are two different supertech valve seals - which you are apparently ignorant about due to stating that ST VS are 13.7. Not realizing, immediately and even upon your "research" :tease:, that are two sets of valve seals and RTM only has the stock OD ones, for now but most likely can order - plainly indicated by the part number, but I guess putting 1 and 1 together isn't your strong suit.

MoreJunk said:
It's a lot harder to pretend you know what your talking about than actually know what your talking about...

Copy and Paste Helping people feel smart since 1996.:aha:
So if you have dual springs, make sure you are ordering the smaller OD set - have a part number? No? Just randomly decided to say that all supertech valve seals are 13.7? :ohdamn:

Randomly creating angry posts in a blind fit of rage - helping morons feel big and important since 1990 ROFL

And Greddy 1700 it is an issue with RTM because the valve seal they measured wasn't correct.[/QUOTE]
They did everything right. They gave you the proper dimensions of the ones they had in stock. If you ordered after having those dimensions, that is your own damn fault and no fault of the store. At least you had the smarts to realize that 14.8 won't work in your application :rolleyes:

Oh and for the record, not bashing RTM?
You said:
And Greddy 1700 it is an issue with RTM because the valve seal they measured wasn't correct.

Maybe next time ill call at 1AM see if they will answer.
Maybe comprehension is your issue...

Tell me where it says narrow https://www.rtmracing.com/xcart/product.php?productid=17485 And in your "research", compare the part number they have listed to what supertech has on their books: 14.8mm.

Yeah, I read that, you obviously didn't read what I posted. There are two different supertech valve seals - which you are apparently ignorant about due to stating that ST VS are 13.7. Not realizing, immediately and even upon your "research" :tease:, that are two sets of valve seals and RTM only has the stock OD ones, for now but most likely can order - plainly indicated by the part number, but I guess putting 1 and 1 together isn't your strong suit.

So if you have dual springs, make sure you are ordering the smaller OD set - have a part number? No? Just randomly decided to say that all supertech valve seals are 13.7? :ohdamn:

Randomly creating angry posts in a blind fit of rage - helping morons feel big and important since 1990 ROFL

They did everything right. They gave you the proper dimensions of the ones they had in stock. If you ordered after having those dimensions, that is your own damn fault and no fault of the store. At least you had the smarts to realize that 14.8 won't work in your application :rolleyes:

Oh and for the record, not bashing RTM?

Maybe comprehension is your issue...[/QUOTE]

When I called I specifically asked about supertech narrow OD valves they had. I never asked what size the standard size valve seals. I obviously know they make two different sets. THAT'S THE REASON I CALLED! Now you can go ahead and continue and try and be an Internet super hero. And I called to confirm because I was heading down that way and was going to pick them up as I always do when I order from them. Btw the Internet was a around to the public in 1990. Mr lack of comprehension. Sit Down before tryin to say that big word. Angry post because I am emphasizing on the term Narrow Outside Diameter Valve Seals. Plus when I called Ziggy said to Paul to get the narrow supertech valve seals. So I'd assume. They'd have them.

I guess you didn't get the part where I called to get a dimension before ordering. So as I didn't order them assuming they 13.7 or the narrow diameter valve seals. Reading and understanding what conjoining words in a sentence actually mean. Not your strong suit. Hero.

It didn't seen like Gomes was bashing RTM to me, just giving some heads up and clarification on some parts and although the heads up may have not been necessary because the information is there, its better to post than not to.. It might save some confusion later on with another customer that runs into the same problem, which by the way I think is NOT RTMs fault what so ever. although the thread title could have been worded a little differently

When I called I specifically asked about supertech narrow OD valves they had. I never asked what size the standard size valve seals. I obviously know they make two different sets. THAT'S THE REASON I CALLED! Now you can go ahead and continue and try and be an Internet super hero. And I called to confirm because I was heading down that way and was going to pick them up as I always do when I order from them. Btw the Internet was a around to the public in 1990. Mr lack of comprehension. Sit Down before tryin to say that big word. Angry post because I am emphasizing on the term Narrow Outside Diameter Valve Seals. Plus when I called Ziggy said to Paul to get the narrow supertech valve seals. So I'd assume. They'd have them.
Honestly, try to reread that and tell me what sense it makes. Also, I don't believe you know the definition of comprehension because your use above is completely misused.

What I do not get is: if you called and talked to them, and they measured out to be 14.8, which the webstore states they are and the part number specifies they are, why would you freak out? Why would you not ask if they could order the 13.7 right then and there and save the drama? Or ask if they were aware there are two different sizes of valve seals when they came back with dimensions that you were not expecting?

gomes said:
I guess you didn't get the part where I called to get a dimension before ordering. So as I didn't order them assuming they 13.7 or the narrow diameter valve seals.
Since apparently copying and pasting makes you so butt-hurt:
me said:
At least you had the smarts to realize that 14.8 won't work in your application
It's up there, probably one of the parts you didn't read or understand.

gomes said:
Reading and understanding what conjoining words in a sentence actually mean. Not your strong suit. Hero.
Really?

The very simple point is your post, title, and etc... are just completely misleading. You made a post about "Hey fellas, use common sense before you buy part!s" Followed by a "Did'ja know that supertech actually has two different sizes of valve seals???" Maybe create that post in the newbie section, a useful post informing people of this wonderment.

I am going to leave you alone now because nothing else is going to result from discussing with you. People reading in should have a clear understanding that RTM did everything anything any other reasonable shop would do in a similar situation - they gave you exactly what you asked for: the dimensions of their supertech and FP valve seals - the only ones they had, so the only ones they could measure for you.

One last thing, how about this: You rename the thread, clean up the first post, and I'll delete my posts.

Just to close this off....we at RTM are now aware that Supertech makes two different sizes of valve stem seals, and we now have both sizes in stock.

Again, sorry for any confusion or problems we might inadvertently have caused anyone.

I Agree When i first read it, i felt he was just pointing out some good info! I also was unaware there were two different sizes :thumb:

Could have been written better maybe but hey its a car forum!:D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back