The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Catch can with short route FMIC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjd6795

Proven Member
May 14, 2014
Wilsonville, Oregon
Anyone got any ideas on where I can permanently install my catch can? I only put it on for now to seal off the nipple on the intake pipe so it doesn't have a leak post MAF. I could get a longer hose to much it, but I don't have any mounting room anywhere to get it to sit up right.

Also I still get a CEL that comes on for 1-3 seconds then it goes off while driving, happens about every 5 minutes. The car doesn't run any different, it feels perfectly fine. It does not store a code and I can't read a code because it doesn't stay on long enough. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20200305_134202.jpg
    20200305_134202.jpg
    976.9 KB · Views: 136
Get a cheapo OBD2 reader and look under the "Pending" section. A code will fully be stored under the "Permanent" section if it appears 40 more more times in a drive cycle, i.e. if the code is appearing regularly enough. So because your CEL isn't permanently on, chances are the code will be stored in the Pending section, so check there.

How about a bracket that mounts to your radiators factory fan mounts for your catch can? I'm assuming you're running pusher fans (if not, where TF are your fans?) so you have all that area open to use. Could make up a bracket that mounts your can there at any height.
What @Kryndon said for the CEL. Can get BT OBD2 code readers for about $15-20 online, then spend $3-5 for the app for your phone and it turns it into a full code reader/multichannel datalogger. I have one and it works excellent, and I can keep the code reader in my pocket if I choose so.

How about a bracket that mounts to your radiators factory fan mounts for your catch can? I'm assuming you're running pusher fans (if not, where TF are your fans?) so you have all that area open to use. Could make up a bracket that mounts your can there at any height.
What @Kryndon said for the CEL. Can get BT OBD2 code readers for about $15-20 online, then spend $3-5 for the app for your phone and it turns it into a full code reader/multichannel datalogger. I have one and it works excellent, and I can keep the code reader in my pocket if I choose so.

I think I like the idea on the radiator it would be the easiest and most accessible spot. Yes I do have fans on the other side.

I have a OBD2 blue tooth reader, it's a Lemur brand I've used it on my 2004 STI and it worked great. However there are no pending codes, could the black box ECU have been programmed to delete them?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back