The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

catback exhausts from parts catalog for 1g turbo cars. will they work on my 2.0 NT?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyheck

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2004
spfld, Ohio
im thinkin of gettin that buschur exhaust if it will fit on my 2.0 nt i wasnt sure if there would be any differenxce in the exhausts? or if anyone has this exhaust does it sound good or like a rice can?

I can't remember but I think there is a reason why it says for "Turbo models only." check the sizing and ask the company if it will fit. as well the underside of the cars may be different. and lastly, with a NA motor you do not want to use anything bigger than a 2.5" piping.

use gst exhaust setups. dont go over 2.5 inch piping. the awd cat back bolts up but the awd downpipe does not. the only difference in cat backs is the awd cat back goesunder not over the bak axle.

im gonna use a gst cat back thats 2.5 on my car. if rnr gets over taking 4 months to send exhaust i may go with them

you are tellin me to use an gst setup, but the other reply says there is a reason they say for turbo, do u mean a stock GST exhaust or aftermarket

na90dsm said:
use gst exhaust setups. dont go over 2.5 inch piping. the awd cat back bolts up but the awd downpipe does not. the only difference in cat backs is the awd cat back goesunder not over the bak axle.

im gonna use a gst cat back thats 2.5 on my car. if rnr gets over taking 4 months to send exhaust i may go with them

na90dsm is probably right. i have never looked into it but yeah he's right you probably can't use the all-wheel drive models because of the configuration under the car.

I would also recommend saving up some more money and getting a header/downpipe combo as well as the rest, otherwise you won't feel much of a difference in performance, only sound. and get high-flow everything

ok im going to sum it up for u....

ANY EXHAUST made for 1g FWD turbo models will fot your car. But due to back pressure issues DO NOT use a 3". 2.25" and 2.5" is more then enough and perfectly acceptable for the n/t application. But beware if you go 2.5" it will be very loud.

AWD catback will fit but downpipe is different. it raises the exhaust a hair and makes it now work on a fwd car i beleive. use search i read that on here somewhere ill try to find the link.

any gst exhaust will work as long as its 2.5 inches. and the punishment header uses a gst downpips in cinjunction with it. makes for more exhaust choices for us n/t guys. 2.5 is all yo need on a n/t and hes right its hell loud.

im personally goin for the awd exhaust routing because its actually a hair shorted then the gst exhaust because it goes under the axle instead of above. ill have a built motor this is my reason for doing it, but if needed or desired i see no reason anyone else couldnt do it

i have a header, and a tanabe muffler, with 2.5" piping and i hate how loud it is, i want something quieter, any suggestions?

2.25 high flow cat, or 2.5 inch high flow cat if your runnign a test pipe. if you have a 2.5 cat get a 2.25

only other hting is to swap to a quieter style muffler

so is 60mm = 2.5?

na90dsm said:
AWD catback will fit
it will fit with some modification because of the rear axle. because of the suspension and gas tank the exhaust has to go over the axle ot it will get damaged.

sits lower is the only thign ive heard. i havent doen it but i read t on here.

yes it sits lower, MUCH lower. the AWD has independant rear suspension and the FWD does not. so clearence issues are really really bad if you attempt to put an AWD cat back on a fwd, also the cat converter itself is mounted different so youd have to cut and weld the flange

okay...if you have a fwd nt and you want to buy an exhaust intended for a turbo car for your car, why the hell would you buy an awd exhaust? the turbo fwd and nt fwd exhaust run the same way and mount the same way. WHY would you buy an awd exhaust for a FWD car?

less piping. the fwd exhaust goes over the back axle but the awd goes under. its a straighter shot to the back of the car with less bends.

person preference on how much pipign you wanna run. if you need it to be a straight shot with almost no restriction, then thats the way to go. if you want a nice exhaust btu want nice mellow tone with stock routing, go fwd.

no. do as i said unless you wanna keep replacing the exhaust. and big bumps potholes shit like that will dent that pipe. If it will even fit right with tha GIANT ASS sold rear axle

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back