The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Caster 1.0 degree driver side 5.0 degree passenger

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMAvenger

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 18, 2008
SeaTac, Washington
What's going on... The car was wrecked but before installing the Eibach Sportline springs + KYB-AGX struts the driver front wheel wasn't pulled back so far. What is the cut-off date for "96.5-99" cars needing the inboard drivers side lower control arm bushing flipped because if MY96 is a 96.5 I can at least flip the bushing to gain a degree or 2 right?

Thank you,

Chris

Bump

Should be able to, just get a full adjustment kit to get everything back into spec if you want to go that route. It's easier in the long run. Get the full rear kit as well.

While I appreciate your reply, I'll state that there is no "full adjustment kit" at least not that I can find. I've already adjusted the camber in the rear (though the number of washers and 40 mm length bolts in the passenger rear vs. 30 mm bolts driver rear kind of scares me) and am trying to get the front back into spec or close to it.

I have a difference of nearly 4 degrees between driver and passenger front wheels. I can fit 3 fingers with some wiggle room between the rear of the passenger front tire and fender vs a tight squeeze of 2 fingers in the same place on the drivers side. That's pretty significant and can be easily seen with the naked (or clothed) eye.

Any constructive advice on how I can get this car back into shape is appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris

If your caster is that bad. Then something is bent, or wore out (curved arm bushing).

Mine was 2.8/4.7 iirc. I have the curved arms that need to be flipped.

Have you looked at your arms/bushings at all?

The arms are all brand new in the front, upper and lower. The car was wrecked on the drivers side pretty bad but the caster was not visibly off like it is now. I think the bushing needs to be flipped on the drivers side but that will only give me 1-2 degrees of positive caster from what I've heard. Is 3 degrees vs 5 degrees "close enough" that the car will be more driveable?

Chris

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back