The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Cas install causing poor performance

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mintalontsi

Proven Member
Sep 11, 2014
Clifton, New_Jersey
Hi all, for the past couple of months i've had a cel for my cas. Recently it started to get bad with the car breaking up and hesitating under wot. I replaced the broken cas with a new cas from rockauto. I set the motor to where the cam angle marks lined up, installed cas, grounded, and set base timing to 5btdc using an adjustable timing light. I then started the car and noticed that it idles higher at 2k rpm and then goes to 1k once it's at operating temperature. The car used to start at 1500 rpm and drop to 850-1000rpm after a minute or 2 with the broken cas. When driving, the boost isn't hitting as hard (it's more linear vs when it hit hard with the older cas) and it's taking longer to come into boost (15-16psi at 5k vs around 35-38 w/older cas). The car is also hesitating high in the rpm's. I thought maybe it's a boost leak from the throttle body so i replaced the gaskets and torqued to spec and still the same problems. What do you guys think is going on?

Last edited:
Yes, took me the same amount of time in my previous search, thanks. I was confused as to if the mpi and mfi are the same or different. I now know they're the same. I wouldn't have asked unless i knew for sure.

Turns out i get 5v when the car is cold but when it was warm i wasn't getting the proper voltage. What can be affecting that voltage?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back