The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECUflash Carrying on the Ceddy Legacy - Electronic Boost Control for Under $50

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95REGF150

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 7, 2012
Elk Grove, California
Well I'm happy to report that after a lot of time and effort we now have working factory boost control for the H8 blackbox ECU's with ECUFlash. First a little background:

As any of you who use ECUFlash know, Ceddy did a huge amount of work back in the day and created Ceddymods (His site has recently gone down but I hope that he will have it back up soon). This has been a huge resource for over a decade and offers us some of the things that the Evo guys get with Tephramods such as an SD option, Bigger Maps, 2 Step, etc. And while Ceddy did a great job on this, some of his work went unfinished when he moved on to other things and one of those things is Electronic Boost Control. If you look in the Ceddymods .XML you can see he was planning and had the beginnings of a layout for Boost by Gear but never got to it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If any of you know how Ceddy and Tephra start out finding all the maps and such, they use a method called disassembly, it uses software to turn the meaningless 1's and 0's that we copy from the ECU in to a ROM file into something called assembly language. And if youv'e ever done computer coding with a high level language you will know that reading low level assembly language is 10 times harder than that. It's full on reverse software engineering taking a program a team of other people wrote and trying to figure it out blind just from processor instructions. I say that so you know the amount of effort people like Ceddy and Tephra had to put in to their ROM's and why no further development of the Eclipse black box has been done since Ceddy moved on.

So that's where I come in. I'm not a Ceddy but I do have some experience with high level coding and computers and after using CeddyMods for years I always wanted some type of Boost Control just like the Evo guys have. So a few years ago I sent Ceddy an email and being the great guy he is he sent me his disassembly file with his notes from his original work. It does'nt have the special code he added for the CeddyMods specific stuff but everything that he defined that was there from the factory is there so it gave me somewhere to start.

After many long hours of trial and error and testing I found that our cars have almost identical code to what was used in the Evo 5 & 6 and very similar code to what Mitsu used in the Evo 7 & 8. So if you want to learn in detail how the boost control works on our cars I recommend reading the boost control section of the below guide for the Evo 8 as it is the same for the Eclipse.

STEP BY STEP GUIDE:

1. As you will see in that guide the first thing you have to do is ditch your stock Boost Control Solenoid usually reffered to as the BCS get a GM 3 port BCS part number 214474 and plumb it per the below diagram:

The real AC Delco solenoid is currently less than $50 on Amazon

2. DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR WITHOUT TUNING (See Wastegate RPM Control Below). The largest difference between the Eclipse and the Evo 8 is that our system was designed around 100% duty cycle of the BCS. Meaning it was at 100% duty cycle almost all the time. They used the BCS on the Eclipse to drop the boost DOWN at spool and cut the torque spike which is why so many of us deleted the OEM BCS. But now you have installed the 3 port which is completely different. The 3 port at 100% duty cycle will not open the wastegate at all:

3. In order to get boost control working you will have to use my .XML for EcuFlash to get the correct tables. Go to the below directory on your computer:
C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\eclipse
Then replace the 20550011.XML with the 2055011 1998 USDM Eclips GST MT - Boost Control.XML I have attached. (It would not let me upload a .XML so I changed it to a .TXT text file. When you put it in the folder make sure you change the .TXT file extension back to .XML)

4. Open ECUFlash and open your CeddyMods ROM. The WasteGate section will now have all the maps I have defined:

5. Tune It! We are going to be setting up our tables just like the Evo 8 so if you haven't please go read the Merlin's tuning guide I posted above so you can understand what I'm doing.

Boost Desired Engine Load (BDEL) & Boost Control Offset (BCO):
The BDEL table is the target load that the boost control is trying to hit. Meaning if you spool to 15psi and hit 160 load but this table is set for 200 load the ECU will start adding duty cycle to the solenoid and upping the boost to try and hit the load value. This table max's out at 160 load so to be able to do bigger loads Mitsu used an "adder" value which is the BCO. So the target load is

BDEL Table Lookup + BCO Value = Target Load

Below you can see the original BDEL table with my "tuned" table on the right:

Factory BCO is set to 40:

You can see they target max load the entire time except during spool and just after spool to keep the torque spike down. So the factory target load is 160 + 40 = 200% which by no coincidence is the same as the factory boost cut. Which shows how the factory BCS was designed to never be able to boost the car harder just drop the boost down some. For me I was targeting 250 Load so I changed my BCO value to 90 and put the BDEL table at a full 160. You can make both BDEL tables 1 and 2 the same but it only uses the first map unless you have map switching set up.

Base Wastegate Duty Cycle:
This table is exactly as the title says. Its the starting duty cycle of the solenoid per RPM. If you leave it set at 100% during spool it can slightly improve your spool time by keeping the wastegate from popping early. You want to set this LOW to start out with and bring it up slowly after making some runs to see what duty cycle correlates to how much boost. I start at 25% duty cycle. Factory map left starting tune map right:

Again set both 1&2 maps to the same values.

Turbo Boost Error Correction
This map works off of the error calculated from the BDEL table above. Meaning you start out in the pull and it takes Target Load - Actual Load = Error. Then depending on that error + or - out of this table it selects a value to add to the duty cycle.

So if my target load is 250% and at 25% base duty cycle I am hitting 230% load it will be 250 - 230 = 20% error and it will add 7.5% every cycle to the solenoid duty cycle.

Max Total Upward Correction
Exactly as it says this limits the amount of upward error correction that can be added on. So from our example say we are at 25% duty cycle and not hitting 250 load. The error correction will add 7.5% duty cycle the first time and now we are at 32.5% duty cycle. If the load is still not at 250 the error correction can only add 2.5% more duty cycle for a total of 35% duty cycle at full throttle according to this map:

This keeps you from over boosting if there is a boost leak or some other issue that causes you load to be high.

WasteGate Airflow Control
This map is not found in the Evo 8 and is unique to the Eclipse. This is the airflow limit for boost control. If the MAF Hz goes above the top value, the ECU will drop the wastegate duty cycle to 0 as a protective measure. It will not reengage boost control until the Hz level falls below the bottom number

WasteGate Octane Control
This map is also unique to the Eclipse and not found on the Evo. It is the Octane level limit for boost control. If the Octane Level falls below the top value, the ECU will drop the wastegate duty cycle to 0 as a protective measure. It will not reengage boost control until the Octane level rises above the bottom number.

WasteGate RPM Control
This map can be found in the Evo but it works slightly differently in our cars. The Evo was setup for actual boost control from the factory so outside of the control range it defaults to 0% duty cycle. For us since the BCS was designed around max duty cycle outside of the control range the wastegate duty cycle defaults to 100% duty cycle. So for the bottom 2 numbers "Deactivate Rising" and "Deactivate Falling" you want to set those to 8000 or whatever your rev limit is to make sure boost control does not shut off and go to 100% duty mid pull. Let me reiterate that - IF YOU DO NOT CHANGE THIS THE WASTEGATE WILL NOT OPEN ABOVE 3812 RPM - Sorry for the all caps but don't want anyone blowing their engine up at max boost.

Alright so that's it. Go out and make some pulls and get your Base Duty Cycle and Desired Load setup and enjoy factory Mitsubishi boost control.

I did not do any custom coding for this all of these maps are there from the factory. So this .XML will work with any 2055 ROM including the BigMaps and SD ROMS. Huge thanks to Ceddy for sending me his disassembly without that this would not have been possible and he did not have todo that. Awesome guy.

Attachments

• 20550011 1998 USDM Eclipse GST MT - Boost Control.txt
    58.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Wow, very cool and awesome work!!!

I ordered the solenoid and pigtail and will hopefully get to try this out

Haven't had to touch the tuning on my car in about two years now, will have to get back in the groove

Thanks again for your awesome work

Well I'm happy to report that after a lot of time and effort we now have working factory boost control for the H8 blackbox ECU's with ECUFlash. First a little background:...

There's no way that a simple "Thank You" is enough, but please know we are grateful for the work that went into completing this work. Keeping it simple, our '99 runs on a GSX blackbox ecu, tuned using Ceddy mods. We've been concerned that support for this ecu would dry up and prevent us from using it with any future mods. Thanks again.

Wow man its incredible to see people reaching WAAAAY back in the time machine and pulling some amazing motivation and work to us here in 2021. I dont think any level of thanks would make Ceddy know the amount of joy he has brought to many in the DSM community. It literally inspires me to see the level of devotion and love that people have for these cars.

Awesome work OP. A million kudos and may you never spin a bearing in your life!

Just wanted to follow up that I finally got around to trying this out and that it works! :thumb:

Will continue to experiment with it as I have time

Thanks again for taking the time to bring something new to the dsm ecuflash community

Just wanted to follow up that I finally got around to trying this out and that it works! :thumb:

Will continue to experiment with it as I have time

Thanks again for taking the time to bring something new to the dsm ecuflash community

Glad it worked for you!

I have been using it past few months now as well. Up to about 25psi now on my S362 good for 340 load on the 2G MAF. I actually had to bump up the airflow limit because I was reaching over 2150 hz. But Boost Control works fine even at this HP level.

Last edited:
Yeah it's pretty cool to have the controller function as part of the tuning with the ability to manipulate the boost curve

After tinkering with it more though the load based control doesn't seem to be taking on my setup

I can manipulate the WG duty cycle to achieve whatever manifold pressure I want so that does function

However the Load based boost control and offset doesn't seem to change the response of the control at all

Just wanted to be sure it wasn't something isolated to my setup and something got nerfed during flash or save causing it

If I set the WG duty cycle to 0 to allow for full range WG control it simply ramps down to 0 duty cycle ignoring load

Not complaining but wanting to be sure things are operating as they should

Basically when I set the WG duty to 0 as soon as it hits target RPM it ramps to 0 which applies actual WG pressure

If I set WG duty to say 25% it will ramp down but like a bleeder boost controller pressure will increase to say 17psi

In both cases it doesn't seem to be targeting the specified Load but operating is a solenoid boost controller

I can still tailor the boost curve as I see fit but it just doesn't seem to be referencing and targeting Load

Yeah it's pretty cool to have the controller function as part of the tuning with the ability to manipulate the boost curve

After tinkering with it more though the load based control doesn't seem to be taking on my setup

I can manipulate the WG duty cycle to achieve whatever manifold pressure I want so that does function

However the Load based boost control and offset doesn't seem to change the response of the control at all

Just wanted to be sure it wasn't something isolated to my setup and something got nerfed during flash or save causing it

If I set the WG duty cycle to 0 to allow for full range WG control it simply ramps down to 0 duty cycle ignoring load

Not complaining but wanting to be sure things are operating as they should

Basically when I set the WG duty to 0 as soon as it hits target RPM it ramps to 0 which applies actual WG pressure

If I set WG duty to say 25% it will ramp down but like a bleeder boost controller pressure will increase to say 17psi

In both cases it doesn't seem to be targeting the specified Load but operating is a solenoid boost controller

I can still tailor the boost curve as I see fit but it just doesn't seem to be referencing and targeting Load

No this is great info. And very helpful to have someone other than me to be able to test with a tamer setup. My turbo doesn't spool until 4700 rpm and I'm running up to 30 psi now so its difficult to tell how things would react on cars that spool and run in a more normal range.

Because I am running such high boost I elected not to run off the base WGDC table and just zero'd out the % values in the error correction table. Sounds like yours is running similar to this if the Adder is not making any difference. I will look into the error correction function again and see if I missed something.

However, it would be good to see what your error correction is doing. The DSM MUT table only has the final WGDC on request 86 available to be logged from the factory which is I'm sure what your looking at in your log.

You actually can log the Boost Error Correction, the Base WGDC, and the BDEL lookup as well by doing 2 things:

1. Open up your current ROM in EcuFlash and open the "MUT3 Table" under diagnostics. On row MUT08X columns 5,6,7,8 change them to match the below. Column 6 will already be F55D as that is where you are logging WGDC now.

2. Open up your EvoScan Data Settings folder and add the below entries to the "EFI CeddyMod DSM" XML using a text editor like notepad:

<DataListItem LogHide="false" Visible="False" Priority="1" Notes="" ScalingFactor="1" ChartMax="160" ChartMin="0" GaugeMax="160" GaugeMin="0" ResponseBytes="1" MetricUnit="" MetricEval="" Unit="%" Eval="0.5*x-64" RequestID="85" LogReference="WGDCError" Display="WGDC Error Correction" Color="" DataLog="N"/>

<DataListItem LogHide="false" Visible="False" Priority="1" Notes="" ScalingFactor="1" ChartMax="160" ChartMin="0" GaugeMax="160" GaugeMin="0" ResponseBytes="1" MetricUnit="" MetricEval="" Unit="%" Eval="x/2" RequestID="86" LogReference="WGDC%" Display="Wastegate Duty %" Color="" DataLog="N"/>

<DataListItem LogHide="false" Visible="False" Priority="1" Notes="" ScalingFactor="1" ChartMax="160" ChartMin="0" GaugeMax="160" GaugeMin="0" ResponseBytes="1" MetricUnit="" MetricEval="" Unit="Load" Eval="x*5/8" RequestID="87" LogReference="Desired Load" Display="Desired Engine Load" Color="" DataLog="N"/>

<DataListItem LogHide="false" Visible="False" Priority="1" Notes="Returned From Base WGDC Table Lookup" ScalingFactor="1" ChartMax="255" ChartMin="0" GaugeMax="255" GaugeMin="0" ResponseBytes="1" MetricUnit="" MetricEval="" Unit="word_FAA8" Eval="x/2" RequestID="88" LogReference="word_FAA8" Display="Base WGDC" Color="" DataLog="N" PriorityOffset="0"/>

Once you flash the modified MUT table you will be able to log all those values. And on the log you can see if the error correction is behaving as it should or if it is indeed just stuck ad 0 or something else.

Appreciate the feedback!

My car is very mild with a 14b turbo, definitely not pushing any limits at all

Yeah I've been logging WGDC which is how I see it ramp to 0 or whatever I have the WGDC set to

It doesn't just drop abruptly to 0 in an instant, it does a linear ramp down if 2500 is 100% and 3000 is 0% in will interpolate

During the ramp down it seems to perform a check of sorts and will for a split second blip/raise duty cycle but then continue to ramp down

I'll try to add the other settings to my logging that you pointed out, should help to get a better idea what's going on

I'll try to get a screen shot up so you can see as well how it's responding

From what I can tell right now is that it's functioning as an open loop controller, which is fine really, it does work

I just wasn't sure if it was something isolated to my setup

Will keep plugging away at it

Thanks again for taking the time to respond and your help

Wow, this looks awesome. Thank you so much for doing this. I am going to try this, but I first have to re-wire by BCS.
However, I have a couple questions. Under 'Wastegate RPM Control', when you say "....bottom 2 numbers "Deactivate Rising" and "Deactivate Falling" you want to set those to 8000....", did you mean "High Deactivate Rising" and "High Reactivate Falling", or was that "Low Deactivate Falling"? I don't want to blow my engine up either!
Also, Merlin's guide talked about map switching as do you, but I don't quite follow? Is that part of the WG RPM Control?
Anyway, thanks again.

It works. Been playing around with it for several days now.

I started by setting the Turbo Boost Error Correction table to all zero. I then set the Base Wastegate Duty Cycle tables to get the same (or almost) load curve I had when I was using the boost controller. I then entered those values into the Boost Desired Engine Load tables (I set the Boost Control Load Offset to 100 just to make the math easier). I also adjusted the RPM values in those tables to more closely match my engine. I then re-enabled the TBEC table.

I found that the TBEC table was too 'sensitive' at the 'stock' values, meaning it was overcorrecting and under correcting. Still trying to get it dialed in, but its better. The error correction function only operates about once every second, so I think it's important to get the Load & Duty Cycle tables dialed in quite close. There is also the difference between gears, spool-up is different in second vs third for example.

As the OP stated, I set the WasteGate RPM Control two High values to match my upper RPM limit. When playing with the Low values, noticed that there is NO control below the low setting - meaning the WGDC is fixed at 100% and it ignores anything in the BWGDC tables.

I also modified EvoScan to incorporate the additional data parameters the OP recommended. Those are working as well.

Once again, thank you OP so much for doing all this work and posting it.

One more bit of information. It appears that Tables # 1 (...Engine Load 1 & ...Duty Cycle 1) are the only tables that are active.

As Merlin said in his EVO guide, the default value in the RPM/MPH switch is set way too high to be useful, and it appears to be this way in the Eclipse also. I don't have access to that table and don't know how to get it, but I wish I did. I don't suppose anyone else does either?

Quick question since you seem to be the only guy that knows the inner workings of the blackbox ECU at this time, Do you think you could possibly add a Fuel Pump on Prime Feature? Along w/ some other features that DSMLink may have or stuff that the Evo's use?
@95REGF150

Well I'm happy to report that after a lot of time and effort we now have working factory boost control for the H8 blackbox ECU's with ECUFlash. First a little background:

As any of you who use ECUFlash know, Ceddy did a huge amount of work back in the day and created Ceddymods (His site has recently gone down but I hope that he will have it back up soon). This has been a huge resource for over a decade and offers us some of the things that the Evo guys get with Tephramods such as an SD option, Bigger Maps, 2 Step, etc. And while Ceddy did a great job on this, some of his work went unfinished when he moved on to other things and one of those things is Electronic Boost Control. If you look in the Ceddymods .XML you can see he was planning and had the beginnings of a layout for Boost by Gear but never got to it.

If any of you know how Ceddy and Tephra start out finding all the maps and such, they use a method called disassembly, it uses software to turn the meaningless 1's and 0's that we copy from the ECU in to a ROM file into something called assembly language. And if youv'e ever done computer coding with a high level language you will know that reading low level assembly language is 10 times harder than that. It's full on reverse software engineering taking a program a team of other people wrote and trying to figure it out blind just from processor instructions. I say that so you know the amount of effort people like Ceddy and Tephra had to put in to their ROM's and why no further development of the Eclipse black box has been done since Ceddy moved on.

So that's where I come in. I'm not a Ceddy but I do have some experience with high level coding and computers and after using CeddyMods for years I always wanted some type of Boost Control just like the Evo guys have. So a few years ago I sent Ceddy an email and being the great guy he is he sent me his disassembly file with his notes from his original work. It does'nt have the special code he added for the CeddyMods specific stuff but everything that he defined that was there from the factory is there so it gave me somewhere to start.

After many long hours of trial and error and testing I found that our cars have almost identical code to what was used in the Evo 5 & 6 and very similar code to what Mitsu used in the Evo 7 & 8. So if you want to learn in detail how the boost control works on our cars I recommend reading the boost control section of the below guide for the Evo 8 as it is the same for the Eclipse.

STEP BY STEP GUIDE:

1. As you will see in that guide the first thing you have to do is ditch your stock Boost Control Solenoid usually reffered to as the BCS get a GM 3 port BCS part number 214474 and plumb it per the below diagram:

The real AC Delco solenoid is currently less than $50 on Amazon

2. DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR WITHOUT TUNING (See Wastegate RPM Control Below). The largest difference between the Eclipse and the Evo 8 is that our system was designed around 100% duty cycle of the BCS. Meaning it was at 100% duty cycle almost all the time. They used the BCS on the Eclipse to drop the boost DOWN at spool and cut the torque spike which is why so many of us deleted the OEM BCS. But now you have installed the 3 port which is completely different. The 3 port at 100% duty cycle will not open the wastegate at all:

3. In order to get boost control working you will have to use my .XML for EcuFlash to get the correct tables. Go to the below directory on your computer:
C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\eclipse
Then replace the 20550011.XML with the 2055011 1998 USDM Eclips GST MT - Boost Control.XML I have attached. (It would not let me upload a .XML so I changed it to a .TXT text file. When you put it in the folder make sure you change the .TXT file extension back to .XML)

4. Open ECUFlash and open your CeddyMods ROM. The WasteGate section will now have all the maps I have defined:

5. Tune It! We are going to be setting up our tables just like the Evo 8 so if you haven't please go read the Merlin's tuning guide I posted above so you can understand what I'm doing.

Boost Desired Engine Load (BDEL) & Boost Control Offset (BCO):
The BDEL table is the target load that the boost control is trying to hit. Meaning if you spool to 15psi and hit 160 load but this table is set for 200 load the ECU will start adding duty cycle to the solenoid and upping the boost to try and hit the load value. This table max's out at 160 load so to be able to do bigger loads Mitsu used an "adder" value which is the BCO. So the target load is

BDEL Table Lookup + BCO Value = Target Load

Below you can see the original BDEL table with my "tuned" table on the right:

Factory BCO is set to 40:

You can see they target max load the entire time except during spool and just after spool to keep the torque spike down. So the factory target load is 160 + 40 = 200% which by no coincidence is the same as the factory boost cut. Which shows how the factory BCS was designed to never be able to boost the car harder just drop the boost down some. For me I was targeting 250 Load so I changed my BCO value to 90 and put the BDEL table at a full 160. You can make both BDEL tables 1 and 2 the same but it only uses the first map unless you have map switching set up.

Base Wastegate Duty Cycle:
This table is exactly as the title says. Its the starting duty cycle of the solenoid per RPM. If you leave it set at 100% during spool it can slightly improve your spool time by keeping the wastegate from popping early. You want to set this LOW to start out with and bring it up slowly after making some runs to see what duty cycle correlates to how much boost. I start at 25% duty cycle. Factory map left starting tune map right:

Again set both 1&2 maps to the same values.

Turbo Boost Error Correction
This map works off of the error calculated from the BDEL table above. Meaning you start out in the pull and it takes Target Load - Actual Load = Error. Then depending on that error + or - out of this table it selects a value to add to the duty cycle.

So if my target load is 250% and at 25% base duty cycle I am hitting 230% load it will be 250 - 230 = 20% error and it will add 7.5% every cycle to the solenoid duty cycle.

Max Total Upward Correction
Exactly as it says this limits the amount of upward error correction that can be added on. So from our example say we are at 25% duty cycle and not hitting 250 load. The error correction will add 7.5% duty cycle the first time and now we are at 32.5% duty cycle. If the load is still not at 250 the error correction can only add 2.5% more duty cycle for a total of 35% duty cycle at full throttle according to this map:

This keeps you from over boosting if there is a boost leak or some other issue that causes you load to be high.

WasteGate Airflow Control
This map is not found in the Evo 8 and is unique to the Eclipse. This is the airflow limit for boost control. If the MAF Hz goes above the top value, the ECU will drop the wastegate duty cycle to 0 as a protective measure. It will not reengage boost control until the Hz level falls below the bottom number

WasteGate Octane Control
This map is also unique to the Eclipse and not found on the Evo. It is the Octane level limit for boost control. If the Octane Level falls below the top value, the ECU will drop the wastegate duty cycle to 0 as a protective measure. It will not reengage boost control until the Octane level rises above the bottom number.

WasteGate RPM Control
This map can be found in the Evo but it works slightly differently in our cars. The Evo was setup for actual boost control from the factory so outside of the control range it defaults to 0% duty cycle. For us since the BCS was designed around max duty cycle outside of the control range the wastegate duty cycle defaults to 100% duty cycle. So for the bottom 2 numbers "Deactivate Rising" and "Deactivate Falling" you want to set those to 8000 or whatever your rev limit is to make sure boost control does not shut off and go to 100% duty mid pull. Let me reiterate that - IF YOU DO NOT CHANGE THIS THE WASTEGATE WILL NOT OPEN ABOVE 3812 RPM - Sorry for the all caps but don't want anyone blowing their engine up at max boost.

Alright so that's it. Go out and make some pulls and get your Base Duty Cycle and Desired Load setup and enjoy factory Mitsubishi boost control.

I did not do any custom coding for this all of these maps are there from the factory. So this .XML will work with any 2055 ROM including the BigMaps and SD ROMS. Huge thanks to Ceddy for sending me his disassembly without that this would not have been possible and he did not have todo that. Awesome guy.
Hey how do i get my xml to load from the one ypu made i have them loading from ceddys and when i try to change it it will not let me load from yours just keeps saying unknown rom id

Quick question since you seem to be the only guy that knows the inner workings of the blackbox ECU at this time, Do you think you could possibly add a Fuel Pump on Prime Feature? Along w/ some other features that DSMLink may have or stuff that the Evo's use?
@95REGF150
I may be one of the last guys that knew the in's and out's. But I was just looking at the disassembled existing code never on the level of Tephra or Ceddy by making changes or writing new code. It's extremely difficult and much harder than regular coding because your trying to make changes to a program within what's already there and without the original code. Just squeezing things in where you can fit them. It's painstaking work, you have to know what your doing and any way you go about it it takes TIME. That's why the Evo 8 ecu's have so much more to offer, because Tephra and a bunch of guys spent a lot more time on it than Ceddy did with ours. I'm still amazed at what he accomplished basically by himself.

But without that level of coding knowledge and someone really being able to pick up the torch for further development I reached the end of the line with the Blackbox. It can only take you so far before you need all of those other features.

Personally I went standalone and built a plug and play megasquirt MS3. But for the majority of people they go to DSMLink. And I'm not sure how DSMLink was done. I believe it is still based on an original Mitubishi ROM and they built and coded in all the features you see much like we're discussing for these Blackboxes. Through the EPROM they were able to turn it into a product and monteize it. Which is great because I'm sure that development of that took a ton of time. But that's the reason you are not seeing that with this open source stuff. If it's not your passion because your a coder with one of these cars. Very hard to get paid for the hours you are sinking in.

Hey how do i get my xml to load from the one ypu made i have them loading from ceddys and when i try to change it it will not let me load from yours just keeps saying unknown rom id
My XML is a copy-paste of Ceddy's which I just added a couple tables too. The ROM ID is the same for anyone using a Ceddy ROM as it is always the 2055 ROM from his original GST he started with.

ECUFlash comes with a 2055 definition by default. So if you followed exactly what I did above and are running into an unkown rom ID error either you made a made a mistake when you put my .XML file in the folder or you are not opening a 2055 ROM.

Did you change the file extension from .TXT to .XML in the file I attached to this thread?

My XML is a copy-paste of Ceddy's which I just added a couple tables too. The ROM ID is the same for anyone using a Ceddy ROM as it is always the 2055 ROM from his original GST he started with.

ECUFlash comes with a 2055 definition by default. So if you followed exactly what I did above and are running into an unkown rom ID error either you made a made a mistake when you put my .XML file in the folder or you are not opening a 2055 ROM.

Did you change the file extension from .TXT to .XML in the file I attached to this thread?
Can you update the mut3 table changes to log boost error, base wgdc and desired load, actual image from post is wrong

I changed the xml file but its adding a bunch of stuff the orginal doesnt have some maybe thats it idk i have to figure out a different way to convert it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back