The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Carbon Fiber

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IPT

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 31, 2002
Des Moines, Iowa
Were are the best places to get Carbon Fiber body panels?? Hoods, fender, ECT..

1G stuff is hard to find..

Also is there better quailty to look for and if so what??

My car is going on a diet that is why I ask.

I have been looking around for "lightened" body parts as well. Overboost.com has CF hoods for like $475+shipping. MachV sells them too but they are more $. The biggest thing I am looking into are the aluminum bumper supports that dejontool.com sells for the 1g's. Saves like 29lbs in the front and 25lbs in the rear. Front bumper is $150 and rear is $100. As far as body panels go...???
I want to find someone who can make me a "custom" fiberglass hood (less expensive). Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to put a CF hood on my car but $640 shipped (my cost shipped from Overboost.com) is a LOT. But if I had it, I'd get one!!!

IMO though, nothing is better than CF. For weight savings, strength, and just pure bling factor :)

Jsut yank out the bumper support.. I did and you can't tell unless you step on the cover that there is nothing there.

LOL. I thought about doing that actually! Does it affect the "look" of the bumper though (as far as any sagging, etc.)? Or does it still hold up well?

It has been out for a couple of months now and I have not noticed any. You only lose the support under the headlights.

Still "looks" 100% normal, eh. Cool. May just try it then and see how it goes. Maybe I can save $150 on an aluminum bumper :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back