The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Carbon fiber wrap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosted DSM 32

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 21, 2011
McDonald, Ohio
Has anyone ever used some of that carbon fiber wrap on the interior of our cars? I thought about getting some and doing my center console... Black dash piece (1g) and maybe even the headliner as mine is sagging

You mean the plastic carbon fiber look-alike?
The sun visors were peeling/sagging in mine, so pulled all the fabric, foam, and cardboard off them and used the wrap to cover them. Looked pretty nice, considering what it was until the automatic seat belt caught the driver's side one (it was turned to the side and i was not thinking) and broke it off :mad:

When you do decide to use it, use a heat gun or a hair dryer to heat it up so it will stretch over all curves and whatnot. Use something like an old credit card or a bondo spreader to stick it to the (cleaned up and de-greased) surface without creating too many air bubbles. If you do get an air bubble and can not peel the film off to get the it out, don't worry. Use a small needle or a safety pin to poke a small hole in the center of the bubble and squeeze the air out working from the edges toward the hole. The hole won't be visible when everything is done. Good luck and let us see how it turns out :thumb:

Note: it will not stick to fabric too well.

I would leave that junk for honduhs. It will eventually peel up and look like cheap sticker material which is what it is.

You mean like the OE stuff that's usually covered already did, or...?

LOL

^^^That's what I'm talking about. Smart remarks. And now retired LOL

I would use it. I use it as fog light covers and it's held up very well. The hotter it is the sticker it gets.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back