The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Carbon Fiber Hoods

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirslex

10+ Year Contributor
May 24, 2010
Astoria, Oregon
OK... I looked. I really did.

I found articles on how to remove the washer nozzles from the original hood.... BUT I need to know how people went about fitting those nozzles into carbon fiber hoods. The one I fit through the new hood wants to spin to the side and will not sit down flush in the hood.

What do now?

Zip tie it underneath, best you can do.

Don't glue it down, incase you want to switch hoods later.

What Make of hood did you buy? my ViS did the same thing...personally i think since the "hood" thickness is thicker than the stock metal hoods, the tangs on the washers can't fully extend, and lock them in place.

Well I was thinking of mounting them to the ic to spray that down with water..Or mounting them on the cowl..I don't get gas much I filed up months ago and hhave only used an 8th a taank of gas..

Don't use nozzles, don't drive DSMs in the winter =)

:thumb:

What I did was use some silicone to hold them on straight, that way if you want to remove them, it will peel right up. and it will be like they were never even there, cause the silicone will come up with the nozzles, or peel right off the hood.

^^ Mine weirdly puddle up after I use them and run down the hood. There's a weird stain from them now that I can't get off my hood.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back