The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Carbon Fibe

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Illyjah

Proven Member
Aug 26, 2014
Toronto, ON_Canada
Hi all,
I'm just wondering if anyone has any reviews for carbon fiber parts, hoods, trunks, doors, dash
I just wanted to know what your experiences are.
I've seen horrible reviews from carbon creations, some ok from VIS.
I dont really know any other brands.
What do you guys have? How are they?

That's kind of a subjective request. You will hear stories from all sides and hear all outcomes good or bad because everything is subjective.

The only thing you can do is take what you read and make a choice for yourself, take the plunge on the part that works for you and do YOUR best to keep them intact and functional.

Subject points-
Climate?
Garaged?
Trailer?
Driven?
Racing?
Show?
Painted?
Raw?

Unless you find someone that is using the parts the same EXACT way you are, then generally there will be no guaranties on what you will yourself will experience.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, I'm just giving you the way my brain works when it comes to my own shopping and researching of parts reviews.

You know what I'm sayin? It's like if one guy gives a movie 2 stars doesn't mean it won't be a 5 star movie for you.

The proven companies should yeild the best results but that doesn't always mean you won't have flaws.

There is a guy on eBay that does custom CF parts for DSM. Hold on let me go search engine it......BRB....

cbn.performance- eBay user/seller

Search " Carbon Fiber DSM air bag " in eBay. Look at all his other auctions. Visit the Carbon Performance website for more CF parts he makes. They're based out of San Diego. I have seen some forum posts about this company. Seems quality and legit.

Look 'em up.

I am going with the VIS g speed CF hood once I finish my engine work (never gonna be finished). $800 is a lot for a CF hood.

Ive got the vis oem carbon hood, good quality, metal latch. UV clearcoat. Been in 100* weather, -27F snow, it is garage kept though. Thing is nice. Had a carbon creations hood before that, was f***ed, got a refund. I'm interereeted in fit personally, and I'd like a hatch, doors, and maybe fenders some day down the road. Dunno who makes doors if anyone anymore.

Thanks Priority DSM, I'm not looking for anything specific. I'm not in the market for one yet, I just want to know whats out there. I've just seen alot of mixed reviews and wanted to know whats everyones say on companies like SEIBON, because like you said $800 is alot for a hood. I dont want to just pick the best or most expensive CF part out there and hope its quality is what I paid for, you know what I mean?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back