The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

car won't turn over

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95talontsi

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 29, 2002
Princeton, NJ_Montgomery
I just put my tranny in and everything in my 95 talon awd and put the battery in and it won't turn over. I put the starter in I think correctly.
what should I do or check.

Attachments

• starter.gif
    starter.gif
    2.7 KB · Views: 176
Please can someone help me, I really need to get the car running the battery is charged but it won't turn over.

did you change the flywheel by chance? does the starter even make any noise, when you try to start it?

no, It is the same flywheel and the engine won't turn over, tryed to push start it, when I try to start it the starter gets very hot.

Is the size of the flywheel appropriate to the tranny?
On Auto trannies flywheels were smaller. Happened to my 92 Talon when I was doing an engine swap, they flywheel was too small and starter won't crank it.

(I hope he didn't get a fwd clutch disc if he has an awd, they are different. the fwd will hit the flywheel bolts, so the clutch won't actually disengage. same for if the disk got installed backwards... I know, he probably has it right, but you have to look at what changed and where it could screw up first. simple mistakes I have seen and done.. especially when the parts store argues with you that the fwd disc fits both. Until you show them the correct one and it is almost an inch less in depth towards the flywheel compared to the fwd disc)

Check and make sure that all your bellhousing bolts are tight and that you didn't crack the case. Try loosening the bellhousing bolts around a half inch and then try to crank it over. something is binding up

I got it to turn over, took the spark plugs out and put it in fifth then pushed it it turned over. I'm pretty sure it is and awd disc, it moves if I push the clutch in it's when I engage the clutch that that the it wouldn't go but taking the spark plugs out fixed that and putting it in 5th instead of 1st., could have been vapor lock I guess. the disk is supposed to face out towards the trany right, the side with the springs thats the marcel, right? got me scared for a moment. going to take the starter out and see if It is wired up right it probably isn't I can't hear is really click and it just gets really hot.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back