The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Car wont Start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cropichi

Probationary Member
Dec 25, 2009
NORFOLK, Virginia
In December I overhauled my engine(420A). It was hydrolocked from a flood we had and i didnt check the intake tube before starting it a few days later and bent a rod. I replaced the pistons, rings, connecting rods, bearings, valves, water pump and timing belt. I also had the block honed by a machine shop and the cams and crankshaft checked, they were fine. I also replaced the starter, idle air control motor, throttle position sensor, and the camshaft position sensor. The car started up just fine and ran great for about a month(about 1000 miles). Then about 2 weeks ago the engine would shut off while driving but would restart usually on 1st try. Then it wouldn't start at all a few days ago. No Spark or Fuel. I have 48psi fuel to rail and iginition coil is good. I had no signal to coil. I changed out the Crankshaft position sensor and the car started right up and ran great. That was last night, then this afternoon it died on me again again no spark or fuel. I was just looking for some help on where to go next, could the CPS be bad again and if so what could cause a brand new sensor to go bad within 1 day?

This may be stupid but did you check your battery connection? I know when the grounding wire leading to the battery wire came loose my car would give me nothing except for all the idiot lights inside.

Ok, i got it. I have an oil leak that was dripping oil right on the crank sensor and it swelled up the wires and caused a short, which is why the sensor kept burning up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back