The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Car Won't Start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shifty

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 2, 2003
Sioux Falls, South_Dakota
Brand new battery. Belt turns slowly, just a whole lotta pre-start noise, then tries once in a while. Only does this when it gets below zero.

Will the starter from a 1g work on my 2g?

first check on what makes the car run. Fuel, spark, timing, ignition, battery, altenator, starter. if you car cranks over then its not the starter. and no i dont think a 1g would work on a 2g or vice vera.

Car cranks over and is just about to fire, but not enough to keep it going. Only happens when it's below zero outside.

Going to throw some Heet in it and do 5w30 2morrow when I throw my warm battery in it.

Starts fine now, but hardcore belt rubbing noise. Coming from Powersteering pump, starting to go away as it gets warm. Temp outside is bout -15 and not helping my fingers. Could the bearings freeze up on pulley and make it hard to start?

Hence Multi-Viscocity.

5w is going in 2nite. Putting some Heet in it, puttin it on the lift and checkin the Acc belt checking the starter voltage, and kicking my brother's car outta the garage til it warms up above zero.

Powersteering pump groans, but I chatted with Joey the owner of Excessive Autosports and his new Evo is doing the same thing.

Mine is giving me the same problem. Every morning it is so hard to start. It takes me about 5 minutes of cranking to get it to start. I'll have to try the 5w30 also. Hope that will work for me. It's always been hard to start but has gotten worse this past week.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back