The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Car won't Start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neuralracing

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 16, 2003
San Juan, Puerto Rico, Central_America
I started my car up this morning... its idle... then it suddenly dies. I try to restart and it will not crank or anything. My battery had been iffy so i went out and bought a new battery... nothing. I had also been having problems with the Relay that goes behind the stereo (I think thats the MPI relay???) whining and I would have to tap it once in a while and it would quite down.

Bottom line is the car won't start now and the radio doesn't power up (it does light up when I turn the car lights on... but no time or anything on it).

Might it be the ECU... that relay (eventhough I have another one that looks new eventhough I do not know if it works or not... car had it laying around when I bought it)... Fuses???

according to my manual, it is either 1. cas, 2. insufficient fuel, 3. vacuum leak.
but it could be other things i suppose

If it were fuel it would at least crank... right? What is the CAS? Vacuum leak would also at least start? Seems like an electrical problem since it doesnt even crank and the radio doesnt power on???

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back