The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Car wont start sometimes 1ga gst auto

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duper1784

Probationary Member
Mar 14, 2018
Georgetown, Kentucky
Hey all,

I have a 91 gst auto. Usually it starts every time I try too, but there will be times that I get all the lights on the dash and nothing from the starter. It have brand new starter, alternator, battery. Could this be a ignition issue? How hard is it to replace? I cant seem to find a video online . I was searching through here but there is a lot to go through. Was just wondering if I could get a straight answer. Also when I bough the car almost 20 years ago it came with 1 key but the key from my first eclipse also works.... If I change out the keys it will work... sometimes. Maybe new tumblers?

I get all the dash lights etc.. but my starter is not turning on. Its not even trying to start. But this doesn't happen all the time.

I would check power at the starter signal when it doesn’t turn over to make sure it’s getting battery voltage. Another thing to check is to put it into neutral and try starting it or wiggle the shifter in park. Possibly neutral safety switch.

There are a few differences depending on if the car has the factory Theft-Alarm or not and between the manual and automatic cars. Hopefully you can break out the multimter and track down if you're getting the signal from the ignition switch and where it stops before it gets to the starter solenoid.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back