The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A Car Won't Start/Bad Ignition Switch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

igniuslacerta

Probationary Member
Mar 7, 2012
Lawton, Oklahoma
Hey guys, not so much a problem but an annoyance. My ignition is being stupid and i think it may be the cylinder. Sometimes i can jump in the car and it kicks over first go, other times i have to turn and re turn the key several times to get a crank at all. any ideas

^^ Id say ignition switch as well. It is screwed/ bolted to the back of the lock and isnt difficult to change, just remove the shrouding from the steering column, unplug the switch from the harness and remove it from the lock. Once removed, you can turn the switch by hand to see if its messed up- when they get a little corroded, you can feel a little grinding inside.

Not quite the answer but I had a similar problem and when I started tracing the ignition wires I remembered I had a turbo timer plug and play harness. I bypassed it and the starter hit 12 out of 12 times where it was intermittent at best before. What a POS I only had that turbo timer for 19 years.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back