The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Car wont start after changes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin Miller

Probationary Member
Sep 7, 2020
Troy, Ohio
I finished my DSMLink last night and was able to start the car. It was running very rich so I quit for the night. I made some changes to try to see other data to be displayed. I'm not sure what I did, but now the car wont start.

I think I changed pin locations, but can't remember.

Car info: 2g, 1200 cc injectors, LC2 wideband in front O2 location, stock O2 rear, speed density harness, 4 bar MAP, GM AIT.

There is a shitload wrong with the settings

1) enable idle switch operation and simulate idle switch from tps. Also enable idle switch while moving
2) click "disable maf comp with speed density"
3) unclick both setting under maf clamp tab
4) Your wideband is not setup in link. Change your pin assignments so that the wideband is listed at the correspond pin you installed it at then click save pin assignments. You also need to do the same thing for IAT and MAP sensor.

Last edited:
Which one is the map sensor using???
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Try switching that mdp setting to baro instead. If that doesn't work, post up a previous log where it was running please.

You're not logging your sensors like wideband, map, iat, etc. Need that stuff setup first. Your trims show lean but I can't remember if you're simulating the stock O2 or not.

Ok. I think I have the sensors logging now. Also turned on o2 simulator. This latest logshows a rough start, idle ok, then increses in rpm then dies. Will not restart.

Attachments

• startstall.elg
    12.8 KB · Views: 15
NBO2 Sim tab. You need to check that box.

Zero out the fuel slider.

Your Loadscale is set for a 2.3L. Do you have a 2.3 stroker engine?

You're still not capturing values needed. Just capture everything honestly.

Ok. I think I have the sensors logging now. Also turned on o2 simulator. This latest logshows a rough start, idle ok, then increses in rpm then dies. Will not restart.
I'm not at home to look at logs and probably won't be able to for a good minute cause I'll have company over and going camping over the weekend.

But I'll say that if it's not starting you might need more deadtime. The first log showed trims at 16 (from what memory recalls at my old age) which is lean. You might just not have enough fuel. If you have the stock O2 in, no need to simulate and honestly better not to if you don't have to.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back