The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Car wont accelerate

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricer_slayer

Probationary Member
May 6, 2010
Rock Falls, Illinois
Im looking at this 95' Eclipse Spyder, and the people who have it say that theres somthing wrong with the wireing to the alternator, when i test drove it, it took off fine out of their parking lot, but about a 1/2 mile down the road it wanted to die, it came out of it and i came to a stop at the stop light and wouldnt stay running. When i got to my house it would idle very rough. I shut it off for about 5 mins, and started and left again, and it ran fine for about 5 mins and started again. Im trying to figure out if i decided to fix it on my own, what could be wrong and how much it could run me, they want 4,000 for it but i will talk them down if i can give them a list of possibilities. Thoughts?

Possibly fuel pressure regulator. I wouldn't say its the alternator since it starts back up and you don't have to charge the battery every time after you drive it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back