The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Car will not boost past 9 psi...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSTurbo1

10+ Year Contributor
May 2, 2012
Pickens, SC, South_Carolina
Ok so I have been working on this 1g trying to make a fast dsm. I cannot get it to boost past 9 psi to save my life, this is my third boosted car so I def have some knowledge. I have a turbosmart dual stage controller hooked up and working properly. So far I have replaced the throttle body with a rebuilt throttle body, tried a new external wastegate, vacuum tested the lines, pulled the BOV and looked to see if it had a leaking diaphragm (1g crushed bov), checked the turbo for play turned out to be perfect, fixed all exhaust leaks before the turbo.

I even pulled the vacuum line off the wastegate, should make uncontrollable psi. It only made 9psi WTF? I'm going to boost leak test as soon as i get a compressor, I have done it once and have so far replaced the leaks.

The only thing I could think of would be a boost leak, a severe one to overcome the big 16g. Or the flex pipe has collapsed. I'm going to try to boost leak test, and disconnect the down pipe to see if it makes a diff.

My tuning system is a safc with 550s and corrected.

The car runs pretty well, i'm just ready to up the boost to 14 or 15.

Ok so I have been working on this 1g trying to make a fast dsm. I cannot get it to boost past 9 psi to save my life, this is my third boosted car so I def have some knowledge. I have a turbosmart dual stage controller hooked up and working properly. So far I have replaced the throttle body with a rebuilt throttle body, tried a new external wastegate, vacuum tested the lines, pulled the BOV and looked to see if it had a leaking diaphragm (1g crushed bov), checked the turbo for play turned out to be perfect, fixed all exhaust leaks before the turbo.

I even pulled the vacuum line off the wastegate, should make uncontrollable psi. It only made 9psi WTF? I'm going to boost leak test as soon as i get a compressor, I have done it once and have so far replaced the leaks.

The only thing I could think of would be a boost leak, a severe one to overcome the big 16g. Or the flex pipe has collapsed. I'm going to try to boost leak test, and disconnect the down pipe to see if it makes a diff.

My tuning system is a safc with 550s and corrected.

The car runs pretty well, i'm just ready to up the boost to 14 or 15.
sounds like a boost leak, that pressure has got to be going some where.

its an autometer boost gauge and I physically know the boost is not going up. Should be able to tell a difference.

Ok guys took my blow off valve off and cleaned the grime off of it. Then put the blow off valve back on with some copper sealant. Went for a drive and about blew my engine, I hit 25psi without even trying. So I backed the boost controller down and this 16g starts to shred once it gets into the mid teens. Overall something must have been wrong with the BOV. The car seems like it has a lot more power also.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back